The Student Room Group

Does it matter?

I'm in my twenties, but don't find interest in dating anyone. My last relationship ended in 2013. Love is not important or significant, I want nothing more to do with it. We're all gonna die alone anyway, so what's the point in being with someone? Nobody finds interest in me anymore and while I do feel alone, I simply don't want a relationship ever again.
I think things like love are down to timing.

I remember when I was at uni and in my first proper relationship. We then broke up and I was devastated. As the years went on, I realized that I was in that relationship because of the "pressure" to be with someone. Don't get me wrong, we had fun together etc, but my priorities were never a relationship.

As the years went on, I met my new partner and we were more alike and the timing was correct for me to want to be in a relationship with them.

Just because other people are in one, doesn't mean you should be too. Take life at your pace, set your OWN goals because that's what will truly make you happy. The key word there is "truly".

The way I think of true happiness is by saying to myself "let's say I was to stop doing what I'm doing, look up and think to myself 'this is it, I'm so happy', what would that look like?". If I was to ask that question back when I had my first relationship, my answer would've been something like "I would've finished a bike ride from London to Brighton because I'm that fit".

Now my answer would be different.
I think you’re depressed and u shouldn’t dwell on people in love just because u aren’t, it seems like your last relationship broke you. Learn how to love yourself again and be willing to get into a new relationship by talking to new people it will happen. I am in love and honestly it’s the best feeling, just thinking about the person your with makes u instantly happy, they make your day better why wouldn’t u want that. We both know that u know love is real, it just takes time and patience.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in my twenties, but don't find interest in dating anyone. My last relationship ended in 2013. Love is not important or significant, I want nothing more to do with it. We're all gonna die alone anyway, so what's the point in being with someone? Nobody finds interest in me anymore and while I do feel alone, I simply don't want a relationship ever again.

You do sound a bit depressed so you probably need time to focus on yourself and what you want out of life, the rest will come x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending