Rosh.na
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Which is better? Bachelors in biomedical science or bachelors in biomedical engineering?
stereotypeasian
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
define "better" in this context
Rosh.na
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by stereotypeasian)
define "better" in this context
Which has more scope and which is easy to get a variety of job opportunities?
Mojmeer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Biomedical science is biology and chemistry.
Biomedical Engineering is Electrical and Mechanical Engineering with lots of math and physics.
St George's, University of London
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Rosh.na)
Which is better? Bachelors in biomedical science or bachelors in biomedical engineering?
Hi there Rosh.na

It honestly depends on what you are more interested in. The main careers that Biomedical Science points to are being a Biomedical Scientist in the NHS or graduate entry Medicine but there are plenty of other careers that you can do with a Biomedical Science degree. Biomedical Engineering is more focused on creating machinery that can help solve clinical problems, so you would need to decide which one of those appeals more to you.

Neither of them are particularly better than the other, but one will probably suit you better than the other.

Hope this helps
Lauren
2nd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
Lewis T K
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Rosh.na)
They are both very different degrees. Biomedical engineering, at its core is an engineering degree. Whereas biomedical science is more biology and chemistry theory. You will find that many people who study biomedical engineering will not do a career in biomedical engineering as there are very little actual careers in the UK (this will hopefully change in the next decade or so). Rather they may move to a different engineering sector or to more of a life science research based career
Last edited by Lewis T K; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (652)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (324)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.6%

Watched Threads