Will getting caught with steroids stop me securing TC?

Watch
lilguy100
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I keep small vials of steroids (testosterone) in my room in uni halls, i haven't been caught with them but im currently trying to decide if its worth it if it jeopardises my chance of securing a TC. they are exclusively for personal use, if im caught with them how will this affect me?
james_law2.0
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
May take a look at this;

https://www.gov.uk/penalties-drug-possession-dealing
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
Dusappointing for a potential MC lawyer not to be able to look it up.. I thought law students were taught research skills?
lilguy100
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Dusappointing for a potential MC lawyer not to be able to look it up.. I thought law students were taught research skills?
I did, its only illegal to possess them if you are believed to be selling them. i thought legal advice from those much more educated than myself would give insight on how the university might respond, could my room be searched without my permission? Steroids are a rather taboo subject so albeit legal im unsure how the university would respond.
Pythian
Badges: 12
Report 3 weeks ago
Why are you taking steroids that are banned?
lilguy100
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Pythian)
Why are you taking steroids that are banned?
Because i have goals i want to achieve that require them. after university id ideally be working at a MC or SC law firm, and at this point it wont be feasible for me to maintain my fitness to the extend i currently do. It is purely to develop my physique and build more muscle.

And what do you mean by "banned"? its not illegal to possess them and testosterone its administered by doctors all the time
Pythian
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lilguy100)
Because i have goals i want to achieve that require them. after university id ideally be working at a MC or SC law firm, and at this point it wont be feasible for me to maintain my fitness to the extend i currently do. It is purely to develop my physique and build more muscle.

And what do you mean by "banned"? its not illegal to possess them and testosterone its administered by doctors all the time
I see. I thought it was a transitioning thing. But don't steroids affect your brain? I only ask out of concern. I heard a lot of people warning about the long-term effect it has on people. And if it's not banned, why all the secrecy? You say that you weren't "caught with them". That would suggest it's some doddgy drug dealers? If it was me, I would stay clear of these things. And have you considered trying to achieve your goals without taking drugs? Is it *really* necessary to potential jeopardise your future goals? How do you you may not become addicted to these steroids? The very fact that you have to sneak these things around means no doctor would approve of what you're doing.

I appreciate that this may not to be what you want to hear. But, I can only imagine what a law firm might think with a guy known to be taking illegal substances for years. Drugs is just plain trouble for all.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Seems an easy solution to this would be to toss the steroids and make the entire problem a moot one, no?
If not, isnt there somewhere better you can stash your gear?
Lazarevic
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lilguy100)

I hope you know the possible (not uncommon) side effects of taking steroids...such as hair loss and gynaecomastia (growth of male breast tissue). But you do you 😁
lilguy100
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Pythian)
I see. I thought it was a transitioning thing. But don't steroids affect your brain? I only ask out of concern. I heard a lot of people warning about the long-term effect it has on people. And if it's not banned, why all the secrecy? You say that you weren't "caught with them". That would suggest it's some doddgy drug dealers? If it was me, I would stay clear of these things. And have you considered trying to achieve your goals without taking drugs? Is it *really* necessary to potential jeopardise your future goals? How do you you may not become addicted to these steroids? The very fact that you have to sneak these things around means no doctor would approve of what you're doing.

I appreciate that this may not to be what you want to hear. But, I can only imagine what a law firm might think with a guy known to be taking illegal substances for years. Drugs is just plain trouble for all.
Thanks, i do appreciate the sincere response. its referred to as "brainfog" when you stop taking them since your natural testosterone shuts down. i do always weigh the pros and cons and sometimes i regret it sometimes i dont, i just dont want to work at a MC law firm for 12 hours a day wondering what would of happened if I at least tried to make a career out of fitness.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (180)
24.73%
Better than expected (146)
20.05%
Worse than expected (402)
55.22%

Watched Threads