I received a NIP for speeding, but it doesn't show any photo's of my car...

Watch
Cleverboy1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I took a speed awareness course about 3 . 5 years ago as I had driven around 7 mph above the limit.

Today I got a letter about NIP for going 6 mph over the limit. this time there is no photo of the car taken from the camera. I almost always drive within the speed limit and on The road it states the offence I am aware of it and I know of the speed camera I always go a few mph under as I drive past.

I am the only person that drives the car so I no nobody was driving besides me, but I am almost certain I would have not driven through at that speed.

What should I do, should I apply for the speed awareness course and pay the cost or should I seek evidence etc and make sure this is legit and that they are not just conning people ?

also how long from the day i get letter to pay the course ?
Last edited by Cleverboy1991; 1 week ago
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cleverboy1991)
I took a speed awareness course about 3 . 5 years ago as I had driven around 7 mph above the limit.

Today I got a letter about NIP for going 6 mph over the limit. this time there is no photo of the car taken from the camera. I almost always drive within the speed limit and on The road it states the offence I am aware of it and I know of the speed camera I always go a few mph under as I drive past.

I am the only person that drives the car so I no nobody was driving besides me, but I am almost certain I would have not driven through at that speed.

What should I do, should I apply for the speed awareness course and pay the cost or should I seek evidence etc and make sure this is legit and that they are not just conning people ?

also how long from the day i get letter to pay the course ?
You can't "apply" for a speed awareness course. You may be offered one, you may not...

Return the NIP with your details and you'll soon find out what happens next
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
You can't "apply" for a speed awareness course. You may be offered one, you may not...

Return the NIP with your details and you'll soon find out what happens next
How long do I have to send in the form to them, like what is the timescale ?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How long do I have to send in the form to them, like what is the timescale ?
It will say on the paperwork..
TheDE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There might be a URL on the paperwork you can go to and see a photo of the offence
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
I sent it today along with receiving a receipt of postage
tmr19
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not an expert, but I'm pretty sure you have the right to request to see the evidence for things like speeding/parking tickets.
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by tmr19)
Not an expert, but I'm pretty sure you have the right to request to see the evidence for things like speeding/parking tickets.
I've already sent back the form I did it this morning. Can I still request evidence ?

It is not actually the road I thought it was on , it seems to be a different road so perhaps I may have been driving a little over the limit.

There is a thing to see a photo of it online shows the car that the camera tool so I'm trying to get that up so I can view it

Thanks
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The NIP is sent by the police force concerned. None of us can tell you the answers without knowing anything apart from "I have an NIP".

Read the thing carefully and contact the camera processing unit/ Traffic Criminal Justice Unit for the force involved and ask?

I've already sent back the form I did it this morning. Can I still request evidence ?

It is not actually the road I thought it was on , it seems to be a different road so perhaps I may have been driving a little over the limit.

There is a thing to see a photo of it online shows the car that the camera tool so I'm trying to get that up so I can view it

Thanks
Yes you can request evidence, tbh it's likely to be the photograph which you've now seen online.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.89%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.89%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (103)
54.21%

Watched Threads