China banning Tibetan Prayer Flags

Watch
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
more appalling oppression from China against the Tibetan people and their culture.

https://savetibet.org/tibetan-prayer...e-authorities/
Advertisement
Richard Bucket
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Alright.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Surprised that it took them this long tbh
Advertisement
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
CCP doing what they do best.
Mao would be proud.
looloo2134
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
China oppression everybody no one left out.
Advertisement
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Doing the same to Christians. Entering their homes and telling them to take crosses down and put up photos of Mao or lose social credits which can have a massive affect on their lives.
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm not surprised they act like this. When a leader was visiting London several years ago and a trip along the Thames was part of the itinerary, a member of the public living in an apartment overlooking the river hung out a Tibetan flag on his balcony.
Cue a British secret service agent knocking at his door telling him to take it down.
Advertisement
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Those flags were of no harm to anyone.

China should not be in posession of Tibet in the first place, the only thing they can do, is to exploit and destroy this beatiful place.

If the US were ever declaring war for moral reasons, like they always boast about it, they should have had attacked China years ago.
June Gruber
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Buddhism in the West is tokenised and not treated as religion. Tibetan prayer flags are flown without any understanding of their meaning, while Buddha statues are totems for middle-class progressives.
Advertisement
LaPregunta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
I'm not surprised they act like this. When a leader was visiting London several years ago and a trip along the Thames was part of the itinerary, a member of the public living in an apartment overlooking the river hung out a Tibetan flag on his balcony.
Cue a British secret service agent knocking at his door telling him to take it down.
Is this story true? I know many were standin in the streets with Tibetan flags but I have never heard of this brave act.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (16)
40%
Take autumn exams (16)
40%
Look for a job (1)
2.5%
Consider an apprenticeship (1)
2.5%
Take a year out (5)
12.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise