The Student Room Group

CCEA results day

Does anyone know how CCEA will be giving out results what factors are they using to determine which grades are being awarded to students.
What are you studying (A-level or GCSE)?

From what I know,
-For 2nd year of GCSE, so for the full qualification, the grades are based on a combo of average centre performance, centre assessed graded and the ranking order that has been sent in by teachers.
-For 1st year of GCSE, so modular assessments, no unit results will be given out and students have the option to take all the units next year from both 1st and 2nd year of GCSE, or only take the units they will be studying next year.
-For Alevel, the 2nd year, they use predictions based on previous performance combined with centre assessed grades and the centre ranking order sent in by teachers.
-For AS, they give a grade based on previous performance along with centre assessed grades and centre rank orders sent by teachers, BUT this will not count towards Alevel results next year.

That's what I understood from their website, sorry if I interpreted some of it wrong but hope this helps!
Original post by efee16
What are you studying (A-level or GCSE)?

From what I know,
-For 2nd year of GCSE, so for the full qualification, the grades are based on a combo of average centre performance, centre assessed graded and the ranking order that has been sent in by teachers.
-For 1st year of GCSE, so modular assessments, no unit results will be given out and students have the option to take all the units next year from both 1st and 2nd year of GCSE, or only take the units they will be studying next year.
-For Alevel, the 2nd year, they use predictions based on previous performance combined with centre assessed grades and the centre ranking order sent in by teachers.
-For AS, they give a grade based on previous performance along with centre assessed grades and centre rank orders sent by teachers, BUT this will not count towards Alevel results next year.

That's what I understood from their website, sorry if I interpreted some of it wrong but hope this helps!

Im studying A level...

Whats the previous performance... is it a combination of GCSE results and AS results or just AS results

And a follow up question if it does take your GCSE results into account does it take them all into account or just subject specific ones.
Original post by Mr101
Im studying A level...

Whats the previous performance... is it a combination of GCSE results and AS results or just AS results

And a follow up question if it does take your GCSE results into account does it take them all into account or just subject specific ones.

I honestly don't know, I imagine that its AS and maybe mocks if you did them but I don't really know I'm afraid. I mean some subjects can be taken for Alevel without a GCSE in it so I can only presume they wouldn't try to rely on GCSEs but I can't be sure!
Original post by efee16
I honestly don't know, I imagine that its AS and maybe mocks if you did them but I don't really know I'm afraid. I mean some subjects can be taken for Alevel without a GCSE in it so I can only presume they wouldn't try to rely on GCSEs but I can't be sure!

Thanks so much mate i greatly appreciate your insight honestly your the best

Quick Reply

Latest