Eid is in like a week so i thought why not make this thread
i am soo exited
Samee :wizard:
username1339858_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am not excited. I would much rather chill on Eid in the comforts of my home, make a different dinner- something never tried before instead of the usual biryani and not meet anyone, buy a new fancy PJ to hang out in the day instead of wearing overly fancy uncomfortable clothes whilst trying to entertain guests and going to others homes, exchange a gift if I feel like with a loved one but without any expectations of having to give and receive gifts, not tire myself out baking goodies which has to be given to so many relatives and neighbours, so have to do the rounds before, and not having to uphold all the formalities, traditions that are not even Islamic.

Islam makes Eid about the correct things, peaceful for everyone, a joy to actually worship on that day, but for me the day is spoilt due to people not understanding and acting on the true reason Muslims celebrate Eid .
fattyguen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i guess so but i swear its sunnah to look and smell good on eid? im not sure but thats what ive heard
username1339858_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by fattyguen)
i guess so but i swear its sunnah to look and smell good on eid? im not sure but thats what ive heard
I can do that without having to buy 'new' clothes. Nowhere in the sunnah does it say 'new', only to wear your best clothes that you have. Also nowhere does it say that it has to be fancy, or have heavy work on it, or be uncomfortable.

I dislike the fact that everyone forgets what the true reasons for doing some of the things we do are, that it's a given I have to do something, because everyone does it, not because it's sunnah.
The Real Me
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i have got my outfit planned and everything
fattyguen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah thats wht i mean like look nice ofc you don't need to buy new clothes, and yeah i dont understand why alot of people invest mass amounts of money on clothing they probably wont like to sit in for the whole day
fattyguen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by firdouss)
what u gonna wear?
username1339858_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lucky you
I want to make the most out of my clothes money per wear type of thing so will re wear something.

yeah thats wht i mean like look nice ofc you don't need to buy new clothes, and yeah i dont understand why alot of people invest mass amounts of money on clothing they probably wont like to sit in for the whole day
Because pressure ... lol
PhoenixRose338
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some people just like to spend a lot and dress up for one special day that only comes a couple of time a year. Lots of people look forward to it, and if they have the money to spend, why not? There is nothing wrong about that, as long as you understand why we celebrate Eid and celebrate it correctly. As long as they're not forcing anyone else to celebrate it grandly or spend a lot, I think it's all fine. But I would also like to spend my Eid in the way you described😁
The Real Me
Rep:
?
(Original post by KelsieTaylor)
Some people just like to spend a lot and dress up for one special day that only comes a couple of time a year. Lots of people look forward to it, and if they have the money to spend, why not? There is nothing wrong about that, as long as you understand why we celebrate Eid and celebrate it correctly. As long as they're not forcing anyone else to celebrate it grandly or spend a lot, I think it's all fine. But I would also like to spend my Eid in the way you described😁
yeah thats true
The Real Me
Rep:
?
what u gonna wear?
a dress
fattyguen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
a dress
nice 😇
username1339858_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The problem usually is that they expect you to do the same, enforce it upon you, look down on you if you don't want to do that.
I'm happy with people doing whatever they want if it is not against Islaam.
PhoenixRose338
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, that's very true! And I really don't like it when it happens, because not everyone celebrates things in the same way.
username1339858_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, that's very true! And I really don't like it when it happens, because not everyone celebrates things in the same way.
I used to think when I grow older, I'll be able to do what I like.. but I've grown older, and I'm still stuck with it. Going to have to do some serious mind training from before and get all the Islamic reasons behind these things again so I can actually enjoy it like it should be enjoyed. I'll skip the PJs as I won't be at home, but I can twist a few things around to please me otherwise.
TheProphetsPath
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oh come on guys lighten up u got to be dripped down on Eid its the only way, do up ya hair, put ur expensive dove moisturiser on n get drippin
fattyguen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheProphetsPath)
oh come on guys lighten up u got to be dripped down on Eid its the only way, do up ya hair, put ur expensive dove moisturiser on n get drippin
this made me laugh 😂😂 dw ill do tht 😂😂
The Real Me
Rep:
?
thats what i am gonna doo
and i am onna try out all my new makeup too
username1339858_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lmao you still here .. and still funny weird as ... lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.71%
Uncertainty around my education (83)
11.56%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (76)
10.58%
Lack of purpose or motivation (92)
12.81%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (38)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.71%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (77)
10.72%
Financial worries (47)
6.55%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (43)
5.99%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.34%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (69)
9.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (56)
7.8%

Watched Threads