My apprenticeship journey so far. Cyber Security Level 4 Apprenticeship as next step?

Watch
placeintime
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
After A-levels I went to uni and graduated with a law degree (2:1) in 2017. I worked in the legal field for around a year doing paralegal work before deciding I wanted a change to IT.

I applied for level 3 apprenticeships in IT and got on to an Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship in March 2019, while employed as a Service Desk Apprentice at a company. Due to COVID-19 I've been made redundant this month, but I'm due to finally complete my apprenticeship by next month the latest. I'm hoping for a Distinction.

I've decided I want to continue on the apprenticeship path and do a level 4 apprenticeship in cyber security, as opposed to applying for service desk jobs or related. Both areas interest me but cyber security seems like the field I want to end up in. If anyone has any advice on the best way I can go about doing this, that would be great! I've reached out to a few training providers enquiring about the level 4 apprenticeship programme (within London), but cyber security vacancies seem to be few and far between. Also, if anyone has any advice or experience with this apprenticeship I'd love to hear from you!
Last edited by placeintime; 2 weeks ago
Sammm__
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Level 4 Cyber Security apprenticeships are hard to come by. They're normally level 6. It might be best to look into alternative Level 4's (Network engineering, software engineering being closely related) so in the future you can do a level 6 Security apprenticeship.
OptiWeight
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by placeintime)
After A-levels I went to uni and graduated with a law degree (2:1) in 2017. I worked in the legal field for around a year doing paralegal work before deciding I wanted a change to IT.

I applied for level 3 apprenticeships in IT and got on to an Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship in March 2019, while employed as a Service Desk Apprentice at a company. Due to COVID-19 I've been made redundant this month, but I'm due to finally complete my apprenticeship by next month the latest. I'm hoping for a Distinction.

I've decided I want to continue on the apprenticeship path and do a level 4 apprenticeship in cyber security, as opposed to applying for service desk jobs or related. Both areas interest me but cyber security seems like the field I want to end up in. If anyone has any advice on the best way I can go about doing this, that would be great! I've reached out to a few training providers enquiring about the level 4 apprenticeship programme (within London), but cyber security vacancies seem to be few and far between. Also, if anyone has any advice or experience with this apprenticeship I'd love to hear from you!
I wanted to do a apprenticeship in cyber security. Guess what! There was hard to come by! The ones which did appear were very competitive to get into so i'm going to uni and get into debt. Like the person above pointed out try to go for software development and in the future you could use that to maybe get a level 6 cyber security apprenticeship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (184)
59.35%
No they should not (91)
29.35%
Abstain (35)
11.29%

Watched Threads