The Student Room Group

why does UCAS Track close this Monday

I’ve read that Track closes on the 27th then reopens on Friday for a couple hours then closes again til results day... whats the reason for this?
Original post by rasi637283
I’ve read that Track closes on the 27th then reopens on Friday for a couple hours then closes again til results day... whats the reason for this?

Where did you read that?

UCAS track normally freezes about a week before results day. It does this because universities get results 5 days before results day and they start uploading decisions onto the system. As you can imagine the admin takes some time but UCAS wants students to all get decisions at the same time so its a fair fight in clearing.
Original post by mnot
UCAS track normally freezes about a week before results day. It does this because universities get results 5 days before results day and they start uploading decisions onto the system. As you can imagine the admin takes some time but UCAS wants students to all get decisions at the same time so its a fair fight in clearing.

There is going to be alot of bloodshed on the 13th, i am not looking foward to it :whip2:
Original post by OptiWeight
There is going to be alot of bloodshed on the 13th, i am not looking foward to it :whip2:

We'll have to see.

I think universities on the whole will be slightly more generous with students who miss this year and hence you'd think less bloodshed. But I think those who miss will be more upset and frustrated.
Reply 5
my bad it supposedly reopens on August 4th
my bad it supposedly reopens on August 4th

That will be whilst they process Scottish results.
Reply 7
it doesn't close as such, it just won't show you any new updates.
Reply 8
Original post by Sinnoh
it doesn't close as such, it just won't show you any new updates.

ah alright thanks! so i can still decline and accept Clearing offers on there right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending