clothes wise: who has more options men or women

Watch
PurpleRain78
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
it's the same with colours... pink actually used to be considered 'masculine'. because it's like a pale red... like war. and blood. and guts...
Pink will never be my favourite colour, I much prefer purple. But if a guy wants to wear pink, it is his choice.
OptiWeight
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mojmeer)
Last time I went to the local branch of Primark it had 5 floor of female stuff and a half of a basement floor for guys (shared with towels)...
Let's not talk about that! Same here Primark has a bunch of females clothes but not so much for the male.
scorpion95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would say that women have more clothing options, we have more variety of fabrics, patterns and styles than men clothing options,
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
i think the only times i've seen an (apparently) straight man wear a dress and get away with it is Jaden Smith or Jared Leto. things will change at some point tho. i mean there was a time when high heels were considered men's shoes (make them taller, more authority or something).

i agree it's unfortunate and the double standard doesn't just apply to clothing when you think about it.
Random Baka
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Women without a doubt have far more choice than men. I don't think that's a result of some sort of bais it's just simple supply and demand.
physicsamor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I definitely think mens clothes are more expensive but fast fashion and womens clothing go hand in hand. If we look at mens fashion let's say from 90s backwards it was different and stylish and now fashion for men has evolved and become very simple, very eh. Of course if you are looking at popular fast fashion brands the styles are the samey, you have to look at alt shops if you want to be something different. As said before anyone go wear any type of clothing if they have the guts.
Last edited by physicsamor; 2 weeks ago
chrisharrison
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is the best topic as initially it was claimed that girls have more options for clothes, but with the evolution men's clothing has seen a dramatic change and I believe they have equal options with women.
rxyaltyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
probably women.
chrisharrison
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 minutes ago
It was said that women have more options but now mens fashion has seen many innovations and experiments, so it is not fair to say this. As many fashion stores online and offline are launching different styles every season.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (184)
38.25%
Take autumn exams (148)
30.77%
Look for a job (16)
3.33%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.37%
Take a year out (84)
17.46%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.82%

Watched Threads