Mr101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Does anyone know how the pearson BTEC level 3 subsidary diplomas are being graded for this corona virus outbreak. Last year I got a distinction and have been predicted a destinction* before all this madness happened. I need 60 points it says on my UCAS track to get into my dream uni. Someone help?
bamtutor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mr101)
Does anyone know how the pearson BTEC level 3 subsidary diplomas are being graded for this corona virus outbreak. Last year I got a distinction and have been predicted a destinction* before all this madness happened. I need 60 points it says on my UCAS track to get into my dream uni. Someone help?
Your teachers will have sent actual grades for units you had completed and predicted grades for the others. If you regularly met all deadlines and achieved a Distinction first time for the units you finished, they will more than likely have predicted Distinctions for the others. If however, you were just getting passes and ./ or missed deadlines, they will probably predict just passes for the units that were incomplete due to lockdown.
Pearson are currently carrying out quality checks on all centres, and they will either agree the grades, or adjust them up or down if necessary.
You will receive your results on Thursday 13th August and UCAS will update automatically on that date
Mr101
Rep:
?
(Original post by bamtutor)
Your teachers will have sent actual grades for units you had completed and predicted grades for the others. If you regularly met all deadlines and achieved a Distinction first time for the units you finished, they will more than likely have predicted Distinctions for the others. If however, you were just getting passes and ./ or missed deadlines, they will probably predict just passes for the units that were incomplete due to lockdown.
Pearson are currently carrying out quality checks on all centres, and they will either agree the grades, or adjust them up or down if necessary.
You will receive your results on Thursday 13th August and UCAS will update automatically on that date
I dont really understand this?

We dont finish units one by one weve got multiple teachers and we do pass units first then merit units then distinction units so we never got to do some of the distinction units

Also its a bit unfair that theyll just give me passes as at level 2 i got an D* and at the start of level 3 (AS) I got all distinctions and was on track to getting all dustinctions at A2 also

We had 3 units this year...
Electronics
Engineering drawings
Health and safety
Last edited by Mr101; 2 weeks ago
bamtutor
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mr101)
I dont really understand this?

We dont finish units one by one weve got multiple teachers and we do pass units first then merit units then distinction units so we never got to do some of the distinction units

Also its a bit unfair that theyll just give me passes as at level 2 i got an D* and at the start of level 3 (AS) I got all distinctions and was on track to getting all dustinctions at A2 also

We had 3 units this year...
Electronics
Engineering drawings
Health and safety
If they are delivering units 'long and thin' over the year with multiple teachers, they will use teachers judgements and any other evidence available to them such as last years grades, attendance, meeting deadlines and attitude in class to give you a predicted grade for each internal unit. If you have any exam units, then Pearson will use all of the evidence to give a grade for that.
Mr101
Rep:
?
(Original post by bamtutor)
These quality checks you talk of what are they? Do they check the work to see if it is up to standard?
bamtutor
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mr101)
These quality checks you talk of what are they? Do they check the work to see if it is up to standard?
Normally an external verifier would check a sample but this has been postponed this year due to Covid and they are using standardisation checks this year. See details at https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...nfographic.pdf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (207)
39.2%
Take autumn exams (158)
29.92%
Look for a job (19)
3.6%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.17%
Take a year out (90)
17.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
6.06%

Watched Threads