The Student Room Group

Feeling empty

I can't seem to make sense of life I feel like I have no purpose in life since I gave up on my dreams because I couldn't cope mentally and the pressure was too much. I have been on antidepressants and antipsychotics for 2.5 years now life hasn't been the same since my mind is usually very quiet and I feel mutual and I don't experience sadness with the same intensity but at the same time I don't feel much happiness either.

I don't know what to do with myself during the day besides cooking, cleaning and getting the groceries. I seem to spend a lot of time sitting and just listening to music. I feel like life is passing by and I am not doing anything. At night I become aware of my mortality and it scares me since I have no influence over that aspect of my life. I am scared of life passing by and I will be old and still miserable and my life being wasted.

I am currently waiting for therapy meanwhile I don't know what to do and how to cope.
Reply 1
Well, what would you like to do?
Then fill yourself up with pride, joy, hope..
Reply 3
Original post by Pathway
Well, what would you like to do?

Something fulfilling
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Something fulfilling

Anything specific?
Reply 5
Original post by Pathway
Anything specific?

Have a sense that I am doing something with myself that's beneficial and contributing towards self growth

Quick Reply

Latest