Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I can't seem to make sense of life I feel like I have no purpose in life since I gave up on my dreams because I couldn't cope mentally and the pressure was too much. I have been on antidepressants and antipsychotics for 2.5 years now life hasn't been the same since my mind is usually very quiet and I feel mutual and I don't experience sadness with the same intensity but at the same time I don't feel much happiness either.

I don't know what to do with myself during the day besides cooking, cleaning and getting the groceries. I seem to spend a lot of time sitting and just listening to music. I feel like life is passing by and I am not doing anything. At night I become aware of my mortality and it scares me since I have no influence over that aspect of my life. I am scared of life passing by and I will be old and still miserable and my life being wasted.

I am currently waiting for therapy meanwhile I don't know what to do and how to cope.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, what would you like to do?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Then fill yourself up with pride, joy, hope..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Well, what would you like to do?
Something fulfilling
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Something fulfilling
Anything specific?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Anything specific?
Have a sense that I am doing something with myself that's beneficial and contributing towards self growth
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (34)
15.11%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (69)
30.67%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (27)
12%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (19)
8.44%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.78%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
26.67%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.33%

Watched Threads