Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I can't seem to make sense of life I feel like I have no purpose in life since I gave up on my dreams because I couldn't cope mentally and the pressure was too much. I have been on antidepressants and antipsychotics for 2.5 years now life hasn't been the same since my mind is usually very quiet and I feel mutual and I don't experience sadness with the same intensity but at the same time I don't feel much happiness either.

I don't know what to do with myself during the day besides cooking, cleaning and getting the groceries. I seem to spend a lot of time sitting and just listening to music. I feel like life is passing by and I am not doing anything. At night I become aware of my mortality and it scares me since I have no influence over that aspect of my life. I am scared of life passing by and I will be old and still miserable and my life being wasted.

I am currently waiting for therapy meanwhile I don't know what to do and how to cope.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well, what would you like to do?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Then fill yourself up with pride, joy, hope..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Well, what would you like to do?
Something fulfilling
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Something fulfilling
Anything specific?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Anything specific?
Have a sense that I am doing something with myself that's beneficial and contributing towards self growth
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (154)
38.21%
Take autumn exams (123)
30.52%
Look for a job (14)
3.47%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.22%
Take a year out (69)
17.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.45%

Watched Threads