Mercedes or Audi?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Nadim Chowdhury
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think a honda jazz or a 06 shape civic makes the most sense, you wouldn't care if it gets scratched up or kerbed or dented, honda is generally quite reliable, and the magic seats of honda is really useful when carrying things, making it really useful. The most logical car if insurance price is not ridiculous
TheDE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Lmfao why am I not surprised...
Mmmhm 😂
bluewolf21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Neither - BMW.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just cut out the middle man and buy a recovery truck, Mercedes make some nice ones
dat-asian-grind
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Nadim Chowdhury)
I think a honda jazz or a 06 shape civic makes the most sense, you wouldn't care if it gets scratched up or kerbed or dented, honda is generally quite reliable, and the magic seats of honda is really useful when carrying things, making it really useful. The most logical car if insurance price is not ridiculous
That’s for poor people, I worked hard in business at a young age. I need my car to reflect my work. So please don’t come at me again with this poor person mindset.
dat-asian-grind
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheDE)
Mmmhm 😂
Yeah keep laughing in your Honda
dat-asian-grind
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
Just cut out the middle man and buy a recovery truck, Mercedes make some nice ones
stop being so stupid

(Original post by bluewolf21)
Neither - BMW.
BMW makes sh*t looking cars. I want elegance
dat-asian-grind
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nadim Chowdhury)
My insurance is 2200 on a toyota aygo and I'm 18 with 1 year license...

The insurance on those cars would make me cry 😂😂😂
Stop laughing about it and make that a reality. Be driving in a Lamborghini. Change your mindset
bluewolf21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dat-asian-grind)
BMW makes sh*t looking cars. I want elegance
That's your opinion bud. BMW actually make some of the best looking cars imo - but at the end of the day, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
TheDE
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah keep laughing in your Honda
I drive a Tesla actually, and there's no reason for you to be rude and classist is there? You asked for advice, the advice you are being given is that your taste in cars is ****. Despite what you think nobody will look at you and think "oh a young man driving a Mercedes he must be a successful businessman", in fact people will think you're an idiot. You're young, let's face it you're probably gonna do stupid stuff in your car so to avoid being sad when it gets wrapped around a tree why not get a smart sensible good looking car that doesn't try and shove your ego/bank account in the face of all the "poor people" around you. I cannot stand people that think money makes them better than others because believe me it doesn't. It makes you the dirt on our shoes.
FRS500
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Assuming this isn't a troll, none of us are driving the car. None of us are paying the insurance...

It is ultimately down to you. Threads like these are absolutely redundant imo.

We really cannot tell you what you should drive.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just passed my test. 19 years old. Should I buy a 2018 c class sedan or Audi A5 cabriolet?
TESLA
TheDE
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Actually what about a 370z
dat-asian-grind
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheDE)
I drive a Tesla actually, and there's no reason for you to be rude and classist is there? You asked for advice, the advice you are being given is that your taste in cars is ****. Despite what you think nobody will look at you and think "oh a young man driving a Mercedes he must be a successful businessman", in fact people will think you're an idiot. You're young, let's face it you're probably gonna do stupid stuff in your car so to avoid being sad when it gets wrapped around a tree why not get a smart sensible good looking car that doesn't try and shove your ego/bank account in the face of all the "poor people" around you. I cannot stand people that think money makes them better than others because believe me it doesn't. It makes you the dirt on our shoes.
Such a snowflake.
Nadim Chowdhury
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That’s for poor people, I worked hard in business at a young age. I need my car to reflect my work. So please don’t come at me again with this poor person mindset.
I'm only trying to give some sound advice. Regardless of what car you have, the speed limit and rules is still the same, so you'll end up paying a pretty penny for a car that does the same job. And to be honest not many people care what car you drive anyways, there's many mercedes and audis out on the road and you'll blend in. If you want it for yourself then that's fair enough, but is it worth paying the extra for the comfort? Makes sense if you travel a lot, not much sense if you use a car for a couple of hours a week.

That's my thoughts on 'expensive' cars. I'd rather stick to the more reliable and cheaper honda and toyotas out there, and save myself money and stress.
Nadim Chowdhury
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Stop laughing about it and make that a reality. Be driving in a Lamborghini. Change your mindset
And are you willing to pay for the fuel, insurance, road tax, parking and maintenance? I would consider these costs first like a rational person.
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Just passed my test. 19 years old. Should I buy a 2018 c class sedan or Audi A5 cabriolet?
You getting a C220? Oof I remember wanting to get insured on my dad's E300, I got 7k quotes back then. Probs even worst for you.

AMG ftw imo
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
stop being so stupid
I'm stupid? Brand new teenybopper driver with a huge chip on their shoulder is only going to end one way, you WILL need that recovery van.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You have like 100 subscribers. You're not a businessman.

Presumably daddy is paying for this..

(Original post by TheDE)
PRSOM!
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Here, D'you think there's a business opening for offering a rich kid recovery truck service where we promise to back up their preposterous lies to their parents and let them drink champagne themed alcopops in the back? I'd price it like a standard recovery service, only reassuringly more expensive.)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.99%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
28.04%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (102)
53.97%

Watched Threads