Why do so many hot girls date ugly guys?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I see so many girls dating ugly guys and have always wondered what the reason is. They could easily date any attractive guy they wanted. Why do hot girls date ugly guys?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I see so many girls dating ugly guys and have always wondered what the reason is. They could easily date any attractive guy they wanted. Why do hot girls date ugly guys?
because although women tend to be shallow with regards to male height, they tend to be the extreme opposite of shallow when it comes to preferring personality over facial attractiveness - that's just how women have evolved
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Most people dont just go for looks. Personality plays a big role in things.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Because looks aren’t everything - what about personality, shared interests, mutual respect and affection? Love is blind, after all

It’s never quite as simple as all women do X, ie, date men more attractive than them (because evolution, or whatever).
Last edited by becausethenight; 5 months ago
Mojmeer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Most people dont just go for looks. Personality plays a big role in things.
Yes personality is very important. It's right behind money.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
Because looks aren’t everything - what about personality, shared interests, mutual respect and affection? Love is blind, after all
this sentiment is alien to men though - men have evolved to favour looks as much as personality
cloud_9_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
first of all, how good looking someone is is completely subjective and a great personality can honestly make anyone seem 100x more attractive
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
this sentiment is alien to men though - men have evolved to favour looks as much as personality
How on earth does that work? Can you give me a source for this?

Any kind of evolutionary psychology claim like that is going to be very tenuous, and even if it’s statistically true (which I doubt), there will be men/AMAB people for whom it isn’t true.
wannabedoctor02
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yeah, what @LovelyMrFox said.

It's not really that hard to understand. Why date someone just because of how they look? Sure, they may be attractive, but they also may be horrible human beings or someone that cheats a lot.

'Attractiveness' does not equate to a happy relationship.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Variety of possible answers.
Great personality, very wealthy, access to helpful contacts, shared religious convictions, mutual commitment to political/activist causes, 'power dater'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (22)
14.01%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
26.75%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (65)
41.4%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.18%

Watched Threads