The Student Room Group

Are tracksuits ok for girls ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JessH06
Would it be ok if I wore my grey tracksuit and black ugg style boots when I go out for a meal with my dad and his girlfriend tomorrow ?

A couple of weeks ago my mum bought me 2 grey tracksuits when we were in primark as I wanted one 😬🙂 I really like wearing them and find them really comfy I just know some people judge me when I wear it. What should i do ?

with family 100% fine, with friends not fine tbh
Reply 21
Original post by A Rolling Stone
with family 100% fine, with friends not fine tbh

Oh lol I feel much more comfortable wearing tracksuit round friends than I do
My family (dad side) mum dosent care 🙂
Original post by JessH06
She dosent speak to me much but then again I’m shy meeting new people to her sons are ok there a few years older than me tough.

Oh that’s a shame. But then again you did say you only met her a few times and maybe she is trying to let you get used to the idea of your dad having a new girlfriend. I know you’re shy but maybe if you tried speaking to her, she would feel more like you were ok with the idea! If you don’t want to though that’s absolutely fine, I just wouldn’t wear the tracksuits just to annoy her lol. Wear it because you want to, not because she wouldn’t want you to! But then again, like I said before, if it’s a fancy restaurant, you might feel a little awkward in tracksuits but if you don’t, then wear what you like :smile:)
I still have my Canterburys and which I still wear.
For you basic cheap restaurant obviously that's fine, definitely not the correct attire for a decent mid-high class restaurant though
Reply 25
Think I’m just going to wear my grey tracksuit and black ugg style boots It’s the way I like to dress now and I want to be myself 🙂
Reply 26
I’m wearing my grey primary tracksuit and black primark uggs hope its ok 😬
chavvy
Reply 28
Original post by Forever_Alone
chavvy

How is it Chavy ? 😕
Original post by JessH06
How is it Chavy ? 😕

girls who wear tracksuits have bad or lower-class taste
we all have different opinions just because urs isnt the same as mine doesnt make it wrong
i meant all girls in general not only the op most of the girls around my estate wear tracksuits and theyre certainly chavs
Reply 32
I’m far from a chav lol I’m quiet never shout and hang about in big groups lol 😆 I only go out with my 2-3 best friends.

The way u dresss shouldn’t define who you are my form tutor tells me this 🙂
fine i'll keep hushed
Original post by JessH06
Would it be ok if I wore my grey tracksuit and black ugg style boots when I go out for a meal with my dad and his girlfriend tomorrow ?

A couple of weeks ago my mum bought me 2 grey tracksuits when we were in primark as I wanted one 😬🙂 I really like wearing them and find them really comfy I just know some people judge me when I wear it. What should i do ?

They are fashionable at the moment from what I've seen?
You can wear what you want .
But tracksuits on girls don't like nice (imo)
I haven't seen one anyway
Don't get offended
Reply 36
Original post by JessH06
I’m wearing my grey primary tracksuit and black primark uggs hope its ok 😬

Wasn’t to bad but I did look out of place lol as everyone else wore skinny jeans etc 😬
I would consider wearing a tracksuit to a dinner invitation pretty inappropriate, but i suppose it's ok for McDonald and kebab shops.
Reply 38
Original post by StriderHort
I would consider wearing a tracksuit to a dinner invitation pretty inappropriate, but i suppose it's ok for McDonald and kebab shops.

We went to a pub which was kind of expensive lol 😬
Original post by JessH06
We went to a pub which was kind of expensive lol 😬

Pubs vary, If they have any of the following things it's ok to dress like a tramp in them.

A dartboard
A dog
Ashtrays on the tables
Beer made in the UK
Any handwritten signs
Staff in black short sleeved shirts.

Quick Reply

Latest