The Student Room Group

Don't really want this whole quarantine/lockdown to end

I mean I guess it already has kinda cause a lot of people don't really care anyway, but I've just gotten so used to doing nothing the past 5 months that I dunno what I'm gonna be like when I go back to my 'normal life.'

Also the fact that I don't actually know what's gonna happen when things get back to normal for me and there is a lot of uncertainty with the future for me may play a part.
how long have you been alive for? im guessing its definitely more than five months. you should be accustomed to living a 'normal' life without lockdown or anything of the sort.
Ah ****, here we go again !

Just kidding, you won’t be alone here. It has been a very unusual time to live though, a once in a generation event. Remember, we’re all on the same boat so do chat to your friends and family about what you’re feeling.

It was weird when we first went into lockdown but we adapted, so when things go back to the new ‘normal’ it’ll take us a little while to adapt too. Take your time with it and good luck
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
how long have you been alive for? im guessing its definitely more than five months. you should be accustomed to living a 'normal' life without lockdown or anything of the sort.

that's true, tbh i was pretty annoyed when this whole lockdown started and now i don't want it to end, but yh you're right i'll slowly get back into things, it's just I dunno what things yet which is what is making me worried😅
Original post by Carl CJ Johnson
that's true, tbh i was pretty annoyed when this whole lockdown started and now i don't want it to end, but yh you're right i'll slowly get back into things, it's just I dunno what things yet which is what is making me worried😅

no it's ok, everyone's going to come out of this all differently. it's not what anyone's used to so i can understand where you're coming from! dont worry though, i'm sure you'll go back to normality soon enough (:
Reply 5
People are dying and suffering because of Covid and financial struggles with lockdown.
You really want that to go on forever?
Reply 6
thats not what he meant... its not that hard to understand and be a little more empathetic guys.
i definitely can and im sure a lot of people can relate with feeling of anxiousness that arise when thinking about returning to whatever was going on before. not a worry that should just be dismissed like that neither should the suffering and financial struggles, but we should all try to understand each other more
regardless, i hope you address your insecurity by improving your skills if anything doesn't work out, you could prepare by doing extra free courses online which might help your cv. hope you feel better soon
Original post by LovelyMrFox
People are dying and suffering because of Covid and financial struggles with lockdown.
You really want that to go on forever?

Of course not, that's not what I meant, I don't think you understood what I was trying to say.
As someone with social/general anxiety, I feel the same. It's like, everything I normally worry about has been banned for the past few months, and I've got used to being comfortable and happy. I actually had covid which wasn't fun (I had anxiety about catching it before, but obviously once I'd had it that calmed down), but other than that I've just spent time with my boyfriend, video chatting with family every so often, and still working as I worked from home anyway!

The thought of getting back to normal scares me. I had agoraphobia a few years ago and had to slowly build myself up to getting out and about, and I feel like this has enabled that behaviour again, and set me back a huge amount. So I understand the necessity to get back to normal, but I do worry about it a lot.

Depends what sort of life you lived beforehand though. Also depends on experience. Literally the only thing that differed for me was trips to maccies and seeing my GF. If it weren't for the fact I had a gf, hardly anything would've been different during lockdown.

In short, those of us who never really went out much in the first place didn't really have much adjusting to do when lockdown came in. Especially those of us who were working throughout.

I mean it can be hard to adjust to change when your so used to something else. If the person is uncomfortable leaving lockdown then thats totally understandable cause I bet a lot of people are feeling the same way too. Also people at five months of age wouldnt know how to type lol
Original post by TheMcSame
Depends what sort of life you lived beforehand though. Also depends on experience. Literally the only thing that differed for me was trips to maccies and seeing my GF. If it weren't for the fact I had a gf, hardly anything would've been different during lockdown.

In short, those of us who never really went out much in the first place didn't really have much adjusting to do when lockdown came in. Especially those of us who were working throughout.

fair enough i can see where your coming from x

Quick Reply

Latest