Please help I don’t know what to do

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Last few months I’ve had a horrible feeling of like dread and guilt and nerves for no apparent reason, or like small life events have set it off and I’ve had it most days with some exceptions like when I’ve seen my Nan and stuff.
Some days it’s worse than others and I could cope with that but as of about 3 days ago I’ve been struggling really bad.
I have no idea what’s happening, I started like floating out my body and feeling like I’m not there at all and I’m watching someone be me and zoning out and forgetting everything and in Asda earlier I kept feeling like I was dropping through the floor and no one was there even though I was in a shop full of people.
Just then I was reading online about mental health and anxiety to try and get an idea if anyone else feels similarly and I started shaking and crying and got sweating hot.
I know you’re all going to tell me to tell someone but I don’t know how and my parents aren’t very understanding people.
Oh and final point I don’t know if it’s anything to do with it but my appetite has been ****ed I can’t finish a meal even if I’ve like walked 10 miles and food makes me feel sick.

Thank you so much if you’ve read this
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's anxiety hun, I feel the same. You have to tell someone. A friend, a family member .. anyone. But more than anything, you should see your GP. They will be able to help you . And yes anxiety can definitely affect your appetite.

I lost a lot of weight a few years ago (it's well documented on here actually) and what most people didn't know was that I found it easy to cut down because I had very little appetite, and that was due to the fact that my anxiety was absolutely at its worst at that point.

I ended up being too thin and very miserable.

Please don't let that happen to you. It's absolutely treatable!! If you want to PM someone who understands, I'm here .
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
It's anxiety hun, I feel the same. You have to tell someone. A friend, a family member .. anyone. But more than anything, you should see your GP. They will be able to help you . And yes anxiety can definitely affect your appetite.

I lost a lot of weight a few years ago (it's well documented on here actually) and what most people didn't know was that I found it easy to cut down because I had very little appetite, and that was due to the fact that my anxiety was absolutely at its worst at that point.

I ended up being too thin and very miserable.

Please don't let that happen to you. It's absolutely treatable!! If you want to PM someone who understands, I'm here .
Girl thank you so much! It’s so helpful to see someone has gone through the same and I hope you’re doing better now.
Might take up the offer of a PM if I ever have a meltdown like I did last night again lmao.
Yeah I know I should really see my doctor about it but that’d mean having to face my parents first and I just don’t want to do that ://
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (154)
38.21%
Take autumn exams (123)
30.52%
Look for a job (14)
3.47%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.22%
Take a year out (69)
17.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.45%

Watched Threads