Snow flake
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi guys, so I am in year 12 and recently got my UCAS predicted grades and i got 3 C's in biology chemistry and maths. obviously this is very disappointing because i have always wanted to apply for medicine, and i realise that there is no point anymore. I am going to apply for other biology and science related subjects instead. however if I manage to get the required grades for medicine in my actual a levels will i be able to get into it through clearing, even if i dont apply to any medicine courses now?
Horsesarethebest
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Sometimes there is medicine courses in clearing but not all the time and they don’t tend to be from the big name unis as they tend to fill their places.
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yes, you might be able to get through clearing/adjustment but remember to take the required exams such as the UCAT or BMAT.

Also, can always do a gap year after you get your results and they’re better than expected and then apply to medicine normally and not through clearing.
mass63
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi
I suggest you do the UCAT and BMAT now even if you are going to take gap year. if you get place on clearing then this is good otherwise see these tests as practice for the real ones you will do when you apply again next time. This will do you power of good because you go through the full spectrum of experience and then see how you can improve when you do it next time if you do not get a place through clearing. High UCAT and BMAT score will give many options for universities.
Snow flake
Rep:
?
(Original post by mass63)
Hi
I suggest you do the UCAT and BMAT now even if you are going to take gap year. if you get place on clearing then this is good otherwise see these tests as practice for the real ones you will do when you apply again next time. This will do you power of good because you go through the full spectrum of experience and then see how you can improve when you do it next time if you do not get a place through clearing. High UCAT and BMAT score will give many options for universities.
Thankyou! Yes I will do the ucat
Snow flake
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZombieTheWolf)
Yes, you might be able to get through clearing/adjustment but remember to take the required exams such as the UCAT or BMAT.

Also, can always do a gap year after you get your results and they’re better than expected and then apply to medicine normally and not through clearing.
Thanks for this. Also, if I do take a gap year, will I be applying for uni the October after my results? If so, would it be impossible for me to put any gap year experiences on my application
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Snow flake)
Thanks for this. Also, if I do take a gap year, will I be applying for uni the October after my results? If so, would it be impossible for me to put any gap year experiences on my application
Yes, you would be applying the October after your results. So next October, 2021. You wouldn’t be able to put any of your gap year experiences on your application but depending on when your interview is you may able to talk about them there. You will have to start getting experiences from now till October 2021, which may be quite hard due to coronavirus but universities will 100% understand.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise