The Student Room Group

After cheating what would you do?

Scroll to see replies

I've been cheated on countless times and I wouldn't wish to do that to another person. I would never cheat.
Original post by Anonymous
I don’t think I’ve posted this correctly, people don’t seem to understand it. I’m asking what would you do with the number if you wanted to make it work with your partner, would you delete it.

Oh i’m sorry i didn’t read it well it was my fault

I guess youd want to make it work and delete the number

however if you do there is a high chance of him/her straight confronting you about it in front of her

but i would say try to lower the text activity you have with them and gradually keep reducing it
Original post by FRS500
I mean tbh if you cheated on your partner with someone; got caught out/ admitted and then wanted to make a proper go of things why would you want to remain in contact with the person you cheated on your partner with?

If anything, it is bad optics at the very least. (But like... why tho)

Clean break and move on. Otherwise it'll not end well.

Agreed. Also you wouldn’t just keep the number for no reason right
i just wouldn't cheat at all
i'll never understand how some people have the audacity to cheat.
(edited 3 years ago)
Oh i’m sorry i didn’t read it well it was my fault

I guess youd want to make it work and delete the number

however if you do there is a high chance of him/her straight confronting you about it in front of her

but i would say try to lower the text activity you have with them and gradually keep reducing it

No need to apologise I phrased the q. Poorly. - you mean fading them out? Isn’t it better to just block them and get rid of the number?
Reply 25
Agreed. Also you wouldn’t just keep the number for no reason right

I wouldn't nah.

I have all sorts of numbers in my phone just because tbh. Either I've just never deleted/ want their number so I can absolutely know who it is and don't pick up/ block etc.

Before kicking off, I'd at least ask tbh. He may well have just blocked the number
Right well I’ve never cheated in my life so why would I in the future?
Hi everyone. After cheating and deciding you wanted to make it work with your partner, what do you do with the number of the person you cheated with? Do you delete it? If not, why not?
Thanks everyone

Firstly, life’s too short to be with a cheat. Please remind this dude that you’re important and deserve to be respected and that there are no shortage of potential partners out there.

Secondly, sometimes cheaters can be forgiven if they’re genuinely sorry, but if he’s sorry then WHY does he still have her number? Not a great sign.

If I hypothetically cheated and regretted it, I would firstly delete or erase anything to do with that person and start thinking about how I can make it up to my partner.

Honestly, you deserve better!!!!
Original post by FRS500
I wouldn't nah.

I have all sorts of numbers in my phone just because tbh. Either I've just never deleted/ want their number so I can absolutely know who it is and don't pick up/ block etc.

Before kicking off, I'd at least ask tbh. He may well have just blocked the number

It’s not blocked. I’m just trying to think of what possible reason there could be to still have the number.
Reply 29
Of course it should be deleted, in fact that should have been one of your requirements when you decided to forgive him. Telling him you'd take him back on the CONDITION that he never spoke to or had any contact with the woman he cheated with at all.
It’s not blocked. I’m just trying to think of what possible reason there could be to still have the number.

In the case that they may miss them and want to start affair number two obviously. Quite frankly it seems like your partner has zero respect for you. Well I mean of course they don't otherwise they wouldn't have cheated and now that they still chose to block the number but not delete it... oh why won't you wake up and smell the roses? Your partner is clearly keeping their options open. Please do yourself a massive favour and leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending