The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Law Degree

Hi

I was looking at doing the open university bachelors of law. How would I then be able to practice law in Scotland? Or what is the most practical way to be able to proactive law in Scotland. I am only able to do inline courses.
Reply 1
OU's LLB is a qualifying law degree for England and Wales only.

You need to consider completing a Scottish LLB afterward your OU degree a top-up. This can be accelerated as you're already a graduate.

Otherwise do a three year traineeship and sit your exams before completing your DPLP and qualify as a Solicitor.

Process is diff to become an Advocate.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Sorry to jump on.. What would you need to be able to practice law in England? Is the law degree worth pursuing if id like a career out of it?
Original post by Strach2k
Sorry to jump on.. What would you need to be able to practice law in England? Is the law degree worth pursuing if id like a career out of it?

You can do the Open University LLB if you want to practice law in England, it is a recognised law degree
Ok so i do the law degree then what options would i have?
Ok so i do the law degree then what options would i have?

Assuming you want to be a solicitor, you next step would be to do a course called the LPC (one year) then you are qualified to get a paid training contract at a law firm
Are there sufficient spaces available on such courses in England ?
Are there sufficient spaces available on such courses in England ?

What courses? I think you should start your own thread to be honest as this is someone else's.

Why don't you start a thread on the law forum if you have lots of questions?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=28
Paid training contracts,, sorry yeah I'll take a look

Quick Reply

Latest