Sister has uni place through clearing, can she be released from contract... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Erik.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
my sister got a place (and accepted the place I should addd) through clearing to go to Northumbria university, but has since found that people who get a place through clearing can only get private accomodation up there (this was contrary to what she was told by someone on the phone on clearing day when she initially accepted the place).

is there any way she can get released from the contract now to apply somewhere else that may have halls accomodation left or is she pretty much ****ed til next year?

thanks.
nuodai
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
I think that even if she does get released she's pretty much ****ed until next year :p:
atoms4peace
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nope she's ****ed
ZakBrannigan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi
thats not so bad is it private accomodation,or does your sister prefer Halls of Residence?? also Newcastle isnt as expensive as some places are.My friend went to Plymouth a year ago and thats a expensive especially Halls of Residence.
jonnythemoose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:laugh:, I didn't read the post, I'm just laughing at the lolchair :awesome:
subterfuge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A lot of the clearing places (and indeed halls of residence places) are likely to be filled up by now.

Lots of places have big privately run halls, which aren't all that different from uni run halls (though not usually catered and probably with less organised activities) Private halls really wouldn't be that bad. She'd still be living with a group of students, most likely to be all first years, and private halls sometimes have nicer rooms and facilities. I'm really struggling to see how her mind could be changed so drastically by something like that, especially when it's only 9 months or so out of 3 or more years at uni she'd be living in a hall.
She could still request a place in university halls to be considered when people drop out, i expect, unless the halls are already oversubscribed with people who got places through the main UCAS process.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (38)
27.14%
No - I got the required grades (84)
60%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (18)
12.86%

Watched Threads