principle of business administrationWatch
It's unit one question 15:
Explain in depth why different types of mail services are needed
Quick guides to apprenticeships
Do you have any ideas so far to help answer this question?
Page 25 outlines some of the different types of mail services.
You should be able to construct your answer around those, bearing in mind some of the following points:
- Electronic mail can have multiple recipients as opposed to physical mail
- Physical mail might get lost in transit, or be delivered to the wrong address, whereas you have a much higher chance of successful delivery with electronic mail
- Electronic mail can be much easier to store / categorise
- Courier services can be useful when needing to securely transport physical goods to clients
- Courier services can offer higher priority than normal postal collection