The Student Room Group

How did you find year 8?

I am going into year 9 in September. Let's talk about anything related to year 8.

Scroll to see replies

I’m going into year 10. Can I join this thread?
Original post by Sampada Gurung

i think a set of threads for next academic year will be opened in mid-august :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
helllooo, im going into year 9! also, i dont see why @Sampada Gurung cant join :/
if anything, they can give us advice on how year 9 will be (:
Original post by Sampada Gurung

Sorry yes you can join. :smile:
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
helllooo, im going into year 9! also, i dont see why @Sampada Gurung cant join :/
if anything, they can give us advice on how year 9 will be (:

Thanks! Okay. Also please can you tell me how you wrote 'just your average satanist teen'. On your profile description.
Also sorry i put this on this thread.
Original post by Sofie Rose
Thanks! Okay. Also please can you tell me how you wrote 'just your average satanist teen'. On your profile description.
Also sorry i put this on this thread.

i just pressed my tsr, then pressed my proflie and pressed edit. i think aha
I’ll pop in if any of you need any advice too!
Imagine being so young :redface:
These years fly by so make the most of them, do not stress or panic. You will get by really nicely in Year 9 by staying on top of homework and only revising for topic tests :yep:

Good luck guys (I'm going into year 11)
I am going into year 9 in September. Let's talk about anything related to year 8.

whar was your fave thing about year 8?
tbh, mine was not being treated like a little year 7 anymore haha
Original post by Roses_Dreams
These years fly by so make the most of them, do not stress or panic. You will get by really nicely in Year 9 by staying on top of homework and only revising for topic tests :yep:

awh good luck to you too with your gcse's (:
whar was your fave thing about year 8?
tbh, mine was not being treated like a little year 7 anymore haha

More trips. Getting to know more friends.
Okay
Original post by Roses_Dreams

Thanks for the advice. And good Luck. :smile:
Original post by sakura_23
I’ll pop in if any of you need any advice too!

Okay
Reply 13

I've moved this to the secondary school section and edited the title to make it easier for fellow (ex)-year8s to find it :smile: Enjoy your summer holidays :woo:

hated yr 8. one of my worst years, couldn't concentrate or enjoy school. girls were horrible at that age

year 9 got significantly better for me, i liked it a lot more. made friends, had better teachers. year 9 will hopefully be a good year for you. enjoy it while it lasts because it's the year before you start gcses :tongue:
Ask that nerd @TheYearNiner
I wasted half of year nine because of quarantine but its a proper fun year. you barely do anything and its full of banter. enjoy year 9! ive been rushed into my gcse unfortunately
awh good luck to you too with your gcse's (:

Okay

Thanks for the advice. And good Luck. :smile:

Okay

Thank you both :smile: good luck with Year 9, I hope you enjoy it!
Original post by Hannah0505
I wasted half of year nine because of quarantine but its a proper fun year. you barely do anything and its full of banter. enjoy year 9! ive been rushed into my gcse unfortunately

That’s exactly how I feel! It feels like year 8-9 have gone by so quickly especially since we were in quarantine for half of year 9. I honestly still feel like I’m in year 8 and I’m not ready for my gcse’s at all.

Except my gcse’s started in year 9, but I think year 10 is when you start to properly feel the pressure of it all :frown:
Year 8 and 9? That’s nothing to worry about! They are both very similar, enjoy yourselves and have fun 😊 Make sure to get that homework done too! Don’t put it off :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending