Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Like, some people think style is simply wearing well fitting jeans with a nice top, whereas others say it is following the latest fashion and dressing up.

What do you have to do to be 'stylish'?

ReputationRep:
    If you look good and feel good, that should be enough, surely. Style is in the eye of the beholder I guess

ReputationRep:
    For me it's someone who dresses in a way which makes THEM look good, not following latest fashion or trying to be individual, but just clothes which suit them and make them look cool

ReputationRep:
    Somebody who doesn't look like a clone to the next girl standing next to them.
    You can walk down the high street and there are girls walking in a line in the same clothes.
    AHHH :|

ReputationRep:
    Someone who can 'pull off' whatever they're wearing.

Someone being 'fashionable' is a totally different thing.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I agree with Arched Edge, someone who dresses in a way that makes them look good, and ignores the current trend/fashion on the high street...

ReputationRep:
    Someone who wears clothes that suit the, not just the latest fashions.

ReputationRep:
    Someone who dresses in a way that flatters them, and looks quite elegant. Some people can look really stylish in jeans and a plain jumper, others can't.

ReputationRep:
    my definition of style - an outfit which doesn't look like your trying to be stylish, compliments itself, blends into your environment, is difficult to fault and which most people would find appealing, friendly and tasteful.

Someone who has done well to gauge the situation and his/her own looks to wear an outfit that fits both.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    For me, style is something that reflects who you are...

...and a nice watch is a must :P

ReputationRep:
    Someone from Tokyo.

ReputationRep:
    I feel good about the way I dress, which makes me confident so yep I would class myself as stylish (in my own way though, Im not a fahion trend whore )f

ReputationRep:
    Elegant simplicity, and an air of je ne sais quoi

ReputationRep:
    When I can be bothered, yes.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a girl wearing skinny jeans ripped at the knees yesterday. First time i'd seen that since the 90's probably. She looked very stylish.

ReputationRep:
    Trend setters; as suppose to trend followers.

A mixture between, goth, mod, skinhead, 18th century dandy, and victorian gentlemen, i feel sums up my style effectively. Each genre in equal amounts.

ReputationRep:
    Someone who tries to look different and wears what they want to wear rather than wearing the same thing as everyone else, and is able to look good in what they wear.

ReputationRep:
    But surely there's nothing wrong with wearing the latest trends, so long as you wear them in a way which flatters your body shape etc?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.