Supplementation help needed

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Due to weight lifting I can get a bit sore and need time to recover (like everyone) and I was just wondering if these two supplements would help in terms of recovery:

- glutamine, is it true that these help reduce soreness and aid muscle recovery?

-ZMA, do these help with sleep and recovery as well?

Or are these just a load of nonsense and save my money because everyone contradicts each other and I’m now torn.
Grizwuld
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Firstly you haven't provided enough basic information to allow anything but the most rudimentary reply.

For a fit healthy individual with a good diet, adequate nutrition and sufficient sleep supplements are entirely unnecessary.

If you are unable to repeat a particular weightlifting exercise 48 hrs later then you are probably over-exercising. The point of a set is to stimulate growth not exhaust a muscle. Exhausted muscles take longer to recover and are more easily damaged.

You may benefit from a proper warm down session after exercising.

Similarly with weight training you should not forget stretching and flexibility exercises.

Good Luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (137)
14.41%
I'm not sure (42)
4.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (286)
30.07%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.52%
I'm not a current university student (462)
48.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise