The Student Room Group

Legal work experience

Hi guys,

My 14 year old daughter wants to pursue a career in law or in the medical field as a doctor

She has work experience in her next academic year and would like to do to her work experience in a court.

I also suggested she should try to get a placement in a solicitor's office, possibly job shadowing a lawyer or barrister. I don't know whether that is realistic but I'd like to try and help her apply

We're based in the South East of London.

Does anyone have any advice on how she can go about getting work experience in this field?

Or are there any other work experience suggestions any one has?

Also at this moment the dates aren't confirmed, so I'm not sure how much of an issue this will be.

Any advice or comments are appreciated.

Thanks all.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
I'd recommend Clifford Chance law firm in Canary Wharf. I went to a few of their summer events last year and they were amazing. It gave me a real insight into legal commerce and I was able to write about my experience on my UCAS application. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Joy L
I'd recommend Clifford Chance law firm in Canary Wharf. I went to a few of their summer events last year and they were amazing. It gave me a real insight into legal commerce and I was able to write about my experience on my UCAS application. Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you.

I'll definitely get my daughter to contact them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending