Kristi19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am starting my final year after summer and I am taking A-levels at Biology, Geography, and Psychology.
I want to apply for Biological Sciences at a few universities in the UK and most of them require A-level in Biology and one from Chemistry, Physics, or Math.
I have experience with laboratory work and I have done various online courses in biological areas I am interested in.
Is there a chance to get an offer from them if I take only Biology and two other science subject (Geography and Psychology)?

Thanks for all answers
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Kristi19)
I am starting my final year after summer and I am taking A-levels at Biology, Geography, and Psychology.
I want to apply for Biological Sciences at a few universities in the UK and most of them require A-level in Biology and one from Chemistry, Physics, or Math.
I have experience with laboratory work and I have done various online courses in biological areas I am interested in.
Is there a chance to get an offer from them if I take only Biology and two other science subject (Geography and Psychology)?

Thanks for all answers
Don't apply to the ones that specifically ask for maths,chemistry or physics as it seems they don't consider geography or psychology as sciences but there could be other universities out there for you.
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago

Thanks for all answers
Hey!

Yes you can! Different universities will ask for different things, so just be sure to read the requirements on the course pages before you apply.
For example the University of Reading currently asks for A-level Biology and a second science (both Geography and Psychology are included).
http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-st...-sciences.aspx

If you find a University you really want to go to, that requires Math or Chemistry for example, there may be an option to take a module in first year that will help get you up to standard, or you could look at taking a foundation year -an add on year prior to the degree programme- which could help get you into the university you want.

I hope this helps! Good luck with you A-levels

Zoe
First year Biological Sciences and student ambassador
Harisejaz829
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Biological science at University of Bham and Aston Uni accept psychology and geography as second sciences along with biology a level, so you could do it there
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thanks for all answers
Hi there,

You can definitely get an offer for Biological sciences with your current A-level subjects. The A-level requirements for Aston University are:
BBB in three A-Level subjects including Biology. or
BBC in three A-Level subjects including Biology and B in either Core Maths or Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).

Here's a link to find out more about the Aston University Biological sciences course and entry requirements https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/course...september-2021. As was previously mentioned, if you find a university you would like to attend with these admission restrictions try asking them if you can take an additional module to top it up or if you can join their foundation programme instead.

*Ethel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed