Sugar overdose

Watch
Piggyboy16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Consuming two and a half kilos of sugar via eating is obviously unrealistic as you’d be sick as a dog long before you managed to finish eating it. Would dissolving this amount of sugar in boiling water or hot milk have the same effect on the body as actually eating that amount of sugar? (Hyperthetically of course)
Last edited by Piggyboy16; 1 week ago
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Piggyboy16)
Consuming two and a half kilos of sugar via eating is obviously unrealistic as you’d be sick as a dog long before you managed to finish eating it. Would dissolving this amount of sugar in boiling water or hot milk have the same effect on the body as actually eating that amount of sugar? (Hyperthetically of course)
where did you come up with this idea?
Piggyboy16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Bookworm_88)
where did you come up with this idea?
Had just been reading an article about, “how much of everyday foods you’d have to consume to overdose”. One of the mentioned “foods” was sugar and the examples given were obviously ridiculous like, 900 Mars bars, 1000 packs of M&Ms etc. Was just curious whether dissolving the sugar into a liquid would have the same effect on the body or whether it would some how dilute the sugar or change the chemical reactions involved.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (191)
33.33%
Receiving them online / by email (288)
50.26%
I still don't know (94)
16.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed