Digby? Watch

Kink
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
There's not much said about Digby on here...I'd love to know why because it makes me nervous about it.

Thats where I'm heading.
jonzza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think there's actually anything wrong with Digby but it gets a sorta bad rep lol e.g the famous 'Digby, Digby where's your roof?' chant:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6118857226

p.s dont let any of this worry you, every hall gets stick, 'tis what creates the healthy inter-hall rivalry
Usman938
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
DIGBY DIGBY WHERES YOUR ROOF, WHERES YOUR HOT WATER? LOOL, but in all seriousness Digby is closest to ASDA which, as you will see when you get there, is a huge advantage!! :P
jonzza
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Usman938)
DIGBY DIGBY WHERES YOUR ROOF, WHERES YOUR HOT WATER? LOOL, but in all seriousness Digby is closest to ASDA which, as you will see when you get there, is a huge advantage!! :P
This is definitely true! Although the walk to ASDA is only about 20mins tops from the other halls it will seem like eternity when you only want to get some bread/milk/alcohol/snacks. Or especially on the way back when you realise you really should have taken a trolley and not tried to carry 6 bags of shopping by yourself!
Tomber
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonzza)
This is definitely true! Although the walk to ASDA is only about 20mins tops from the other halls it will seem like eternity when you only want to get some bread/milk/alcohol/snacks. Or especially on the way back when you realise you really should have taken a trolley and not tried to carry 6 bags of shopping by yourself!
20 mins! How slow do you walk?
Usman938
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
From Stoughton Leys which is ALL the way by the gym, it takes about 20 minutes. Was not too happy about that
CKA
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im going to digby and this thread is not very encouraging
which house are u in kink?
Kink
Rep:
?
(Original post by CKA)
im going to digby and this thread is not very encouraging
which house are u in kink?
Apparently, it's a very 'fun' hall with very interesting activities...lol. I don't mind, it's only a bed at night, we can sneak round everywhere else.

I'm in green block!
CKA
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kink)
Apparently, it's a very 'fun' hall with very interesting activities...lol. I don't mind, it's only a bed at night, we can sneak round everywhere else.

I'm in green block!
im at highgrove and yeah we re only going to use it for sleeping
Kink
Rep:
?
(Original post by SimpleStudent)
Hey, same block as me, wonder if you near me, what room or floor? I was a bit disappointed about getting Digby as it wasn't a hall I put down, nor did I know much about it. The more I think about it though, and the prospect of meeting new friends wherever you go, the more it makes me feel better.
Lol, I've been getting mixed reports! Lots say that it's a very social hall and that all the blocks get along...though apparently we get the stick from other halls, most especially John Fosters...lol..posh *******s (might as well start already :p: )

I'm green, first floor, 18! and you?
Kink
Rep:
?
(Original post by SimpleStudent)
Yea I'm sure there'll be the odd comment and rivalry, but it saves me up to a grand by not going to another hall! I'm green, pretty sure first floor, and think I'm low 20's, maybe 23, I'd have to check - I haven't got the form's on me to confirm. Same floor though I'm sure. How many to a floor and block then?

I have no idea sorry. I've only seen the place from the outside; it wasn't a palace, but who cares? It's just a place to sleep isn't it?
museobsessed
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was at digby. the only problems with it are the decor the crap kitchens, everything else is fine. the rooms are no less good or better than the rooms in any other halls, and its pretty social. It looks like a dump but by the time you leave you'll love it. don't worry.
The houses are much better than the blocks, but i still had a great time, yellow block represent :P
r999
Report 10 years ago
I'm in Digby house....anyone else there or knows what its like?
museobsessed
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
digby house is the main building with the bar downstairs and common room. it might get a bit noisey when everyone crowds in, but its a nice house
Instínct
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Still hadn't recieved any info (applied Aug 9th!!) and phoned to find out...i'm in Digby. No idea where, he couldn't give me anymore information. It was nowhere near any of my choices. Could someone give me a little bit of reassurance? Does anyone have pictures of a room? How many toilets/showers are there? And how many people are likely to share them? Is there a full length mirror? What essentials do I need to bring along with me? That's all I can think of right now..:p:
Kink
Rep:
?
(Original post by Instínct)
Still hadn't recieved any info (applied Aug 9th!!) and phoned to find out...i'm in Digby. No idea where, he couldn't give me anymore information. It was nowhere near any of my choices. Could someone give me a little bit of reassurance? Does anyone have pictures of a room? How many toilets/showers are there? And how many people are likely to share them? Is there a full length mirror? What essentials do I need to bring along with me? That's all I can think of right now..:p:

Aesthetically, it's not pretty...it's one of the smallest, oldest residences. If you're living in a house in Digby, it'll be a little better for looking at...if you are living in the blocks it will be more social and said to be much more fun but a bit worser for wear but the rooms are no less good as all the others around Oadby.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558102517KbrXwb

If you are living in the quad, or the blocks..there is four toilets and four showers on of each of the two floors of each block. In the quad, there is about six different blocks named for different colours. I don't think theres a full length mirror, but a big one of the sink, if you have a room with a basin.
If catered, you have to bring all your bed stuff with you. If self catered, all bed stuff will be there.
Instínct
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kink)
Aesthetically, it's not pretty...it's one of the smallest, oldest residences. If you're living in a house in Digby, it'll be a little better for looking at...if you are living in the blocks it will be more social and said to be much more fun but a bit worser for wear but the rooms are no less good as all the others around Oadby.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558102517KbrXwb

If you are living in the quad, or the blocks..there is four toilets and four showers on of each of the two floors of each block. In the quad, there is about six different blocks named for different colours. I don't think theres a full length mirror, but a big one of the sink, if you have a room with a basin.
If catered, you have to bring all your bed stuff with you. If self catered, all bed stuff will be there.
Hey! Thanks, that's sort of eased my fears. :o: Do you know how many people there will roughly be on each floor, sharing the toilets/showers etc? Isn't Digby all catered anyway? I assumed i'm going to be catered. :p: Just got to find out which room they've given me now.
jack.mitchell
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yellow Block Ground Floor Room 9
LawYah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
how many rooms are there per hall? like, if you're on a floor how many people are next door/opposite you and stuff??
RanB3
Report 10 years ago
Yes, it is corridors. Theres not little space per floor for like a gathering or anything. I'm not sure of how many rooms per floor because I'm room 18, first floor..and yet theres someone on here whose room is over the number twenty on the first floor..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Mar '19
  • De Montfort University
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise