[Golden Thread] What did you accomplish during lockdown?

Watch
Yas031119
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
a ****ton of nothing
Thornbury
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Managed to become further depressed.
Billycatnorbert
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
Attachment 933360
This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 20th August 2020 to be in with a chance of winning an Amazon Voucher!! The more you post, the higher your chance of winning Image But remember not to spam or your post will be removed Image

Well, lockdown has been a strange old time. Whether you've just got out of bed everyday or you've baked 800 banana breads, we're all proud of you :hugs: So what sort of things did you accomplish during lockdown?

I managed to keep on top of my schoolwork and tidy my room! :woo:

Here's the list of 2020 golden threads:

Golden ThreadsWhat will you miss about lockdown?
Sum up 2020 so far in a gif/meme
What would you change your TSR username to, and why?
If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What do you think the world will look like in 5 years time?
If you were president for the day, what rule would you enforce?
What did you accomplish during lockdown?
How has lockdown changed your role?
What's the most useful thing you learnt at school?
Design a sandwich for 8472 to eat
How has lockdown changed your exercise regime?
I’ve started learning guitar in the last two weeks and have already improved massively.
And I started learning piano at Christmas and quarantine has boosted me so far into my skill as a pianist. Like I’m, pretty damn good now.
firdouss
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
umm learnt how to do vectors
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by firdouss)
:woo: well done! I struggle with them :sadnod:

(Original post by Thornbury)
:console: hope things manage to get better soon
Thornbury
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
:woo: well done! I struggle with them :sadnod:

:console: hope things manage to get better soon
Thanks, things never will improve, but I appreciate your kindness.
Synergy_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Thornbury)
Lol same.
Depression can really be a pain. Here if you need to talk :hugs:
Thornbury
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Synergy_)
Lol same.
Depression can really be a pain. Here if you need to talk :hugs:
TY Synergy_, but I don't feel like discussing my feelings, feel free to send me a message if you want to talk about anything though.
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
5* island on animal crossing new horizons twice (I restarted my island)
Billycatnorbert
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by firdouss)
They’re kinda fun once u know aren’t they 😁. They were so hard when I started
firdouss
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Billycatnorbert)
They’re kinda fun once u know aren’t they 😁. They were so hard when I started
yeah sure i forgot what they r now
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Worked my way through my reading list which id been neglecting for ages and briefly kicked the coffee habit :lol:
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
started cooking + baking, finished year 11, discovered i have no clue what i want to do which has resulted to constant anxiety, learnt some bsl and python... you know, the usual
GeolPhysics
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Billycatnorbert)
I’ve started learning guitar in the last two weeks and have already improved massively.
And I started learning piano at Christmas and quarantine has boosted me so far into my skill as a pianist. Like I’m, pretty damn good now.
Cool, wait until you get to grade 8 piano and then you'll be laughing. I got my grade 8 exam next month. I started guitar in May this year, quite chuffed that I managed to play two of the songs I wrote with lyrics only at first. My guitar teacher helped me write in the guitar parts of the songs and now I can sing and play at the same time.
GeolPhysics
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _Mia101)
started cooking + baking, finished year 11, discovered i have no clue what i want to do which has resulted to constant anxiety, learnt some bsl and python... you know, the usual
Ah, I always envy the people who can do Python. I started studying a module for it in 3rd year uni but got nowhere cause I couldn't understand it. Ended up changing it to a different module. Will be going into 4th year in 2021 after this gap year I'm taking.
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Firstly, I think just surviving and looking after yourself through lock down is the biggest achievement for anyone.

Looking back though I can't believe how busy it's been. I bought a house (literally the day of when lock down was annouced I signed the contract) and then moved into it once it was safe to, got engaged, I've had more quality time with my partner (as we both work from home), lost weight to get to my goal weight, caught up on quite a lot of TV shows, found a love for gardening now I own my own home (yes I'm actually an old lady), learnt to actually love a slower pace of life, and also realised even further how grateful I am for my family and friends who I've missed so much. Yeah it's been a really hard time but also I have some really lovely things to look back on

I'm already starting to think about what I would do if there was another lock down... more reading (I'm a really slow reader and have an awful attention span for it), cooking, baking, drawing - basically all the things a lot of other people did during lock down that I didn't get chance to do because I was busy moving etc.
Last edited by BurstingBubbles; 1 week ago
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Worked my way through my reading list which id been neglecting for ages and briefly kicked the coffee habit :lol:
What was on your reading list?
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
What was on your reading list?
A load of Russian classics, a book on the history of opium, the history of explosives, a couple on public and foreign policy and a few other random odds and sods
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
A load of Russian classics, a book on the history of opium, the history of explosives, a couple on public and foreign policy and a few other random odds and sods
Wow you did get through a lot.
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by GeolPhysics)
Ah, I always envy the people who can do Python. I started studying a module for it in 3rd year uni but got nowhere cause I couldn't understand it. Ended up changing it to a different module. Will be going into 4th year in 2021 after this gap year I'm taking.
it's interesting... but i honestly have no clue what to do with the knowledge. I mean i don't know if i can see myself working in tech... idk :dontknow:
ooh a gap year. what do you plan on doing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (101)
37.83%
Take autumn exams (87)
32.58%
Look for a job (8)
3%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.37%
Take a year out (45)
16.85%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
6.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed