Brit_in_Lux
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm doing BA in English Language and Linguistics at York and planning to do an MA in English Literature (preferably contemporary and modern). Unfortunately, many universities require you to have studied Literature for your undergrad. They also offer it if you have done your BA in related studies (so mine would fall under that) but you need to provide a literary essay which I have never done. York said that my course would be very suitable despite me not having done literature since A-level. Does anyone know any MAs where a BA in Literature is not required? I don't want to go too into detail in Literature, I mainly want a overview of modern and contemporary literature
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Brit_in_Lux)
I'm doing BA in English Language and Linguistics at York and planning to do an MA in English Literature (preferably contemporary and modern). Unfortunately, many universities require you to have studied Literature for your undergrad. They also offer it if you have done your BA in related studies (so mine would fall under that) but you need to provide a literary essay which I have never done. York said that my course would be very suitable despite me not having done literature since A-level. Does anyone know any MAs where a BA in Literature is not required? I don't want to go too into detail in Literature, I mainly want a overview of modern and contemporary literature
Hi Brit_in_Lux

Have you looked at the MA in English (Creative Writing and English Literature) course?

Our entry requirements for this course are a minimum of 2.2 BA Hons degree or international equivalent. With your application, you must submit a satisfactory 2000 to 3000 sample of your written work, consisting of either literary criticism or creative writing, on a subject of your choice. You can use written work that you have previously produced for your coursework.

Our MA in English can be tailor-made to your interests in either Creative Writing or English Literature, or both. In this fully flexible MA programme, you choose to focus on the writers, or forms of writing, that most interest you.
There are designated literature pathways allowing students to focus their studies on either Medieval and Renaissance Literature and Culture, Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture, Modern and Contemporary Literature and Culture, or a combination of all three.

Details surrounding all of our module choices which are part of this MA programme are available on the website.

I hope this helps
Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (126)
24.05%
Better than expected (113)
21.56%
Worse than expected (285)
54.39%

Watched Threads