Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just reading Natwest terms and conditions for student accounts, it says that the account must be your primary current account and have regular student loan deposits.

I was just wondering if it matters where the deposits come from. I have my student finance set up to go to my Barclays current account and want to know if it would matter if i just transferred the money from my Barclays account to a Natwest account when i receive it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candescence)
    Just reading Natwest terms and conditions for student accounts, it says that the account must be your primary current account and have regular student loan deposits.

I was just wondering if it matters where the deposits come from. I have my student finance set up to go to my Barclays current account and want to know if it would matter if i just transferred the money from my Barclays account to a Natwest account when i receive it?
    Shouldn't matter I don't think. However, what is the interest like in the current account compared to the student account? Why don't you close the current account and use the student account as your primary account?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhokes)
    Shouldn't matter I don't think. However, what is the interest like in the current account compared to the student account? Why don't you close the current account and use the student account as your primary account?
    About 3%. I'm not actually sure, it's a young persons account at the moment but they're changing it to a stndard current account at the end of the month. It's certainly more than the 0.10% offered by a Natwest student account anyway.

That's not the main reason for keeping it though, the main reason is i can't be bothered to contact student finance to change my details :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candescence)
    That's not the main reason for keeping it though, the main reason is i can't be bothered to contact student finance to change my details :ninja:
    All you need to do is logon to the website and change the details there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    All you need to do is logon to the website and change the details there.
    Well i would, except that apparently my ART ID is invalid, and since i can't remember my password i can't even recover what the website thinks my ART ID is.

ReputationRep:
    i told the guy in natwest that iv already applied for my student loans and grants months ago to my LLoyds current account, and my wages also go into the current account.

He said its ok

im going to be using the overdraft on the natwest account and say if im in -£200 and i get paid £400 i actually want the whole £400 if you get me. I want to keep the overdraft limit within -£200 and will pay it of here and there thats why i dont want any of my payments to go in there

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I think i've sorted the online access. Seems i was entering my place of birth wrong.

ReputationRep:
    And for anybody who's still interested i've decided to keep both accounts open. I'll use the Natwest one as my primary account and keep some savings in the Barclays account, for a rainy day.

ReputationRep:
    You'll need to make regular deposits into your NatWest Account otherwise they'll start getting very arsey but the money doesn't need to come direct from Student Finance.

Long as you put money in and don't just take money out from the over draft then it's fine.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.