unknown267
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So basically this year I was meant to be in year 13 but I was forced by my school to repeat year 12 and this year has been a struggle in terms of finding motivation to do work and fit in with the year 12 students. Then lockdown happened and my school gave us so much work and we had hardly any communication with them then we finally finsihed our work from summer and they have given us so much work to do over summer before september and I just can't cope I feel mentally and physically drained and now I am just dreading going back to school next year for year 13 especially with the lack of plans by the governemtn for a levels 2021 and just the thought of going back to school for an extra year when all of my friends will be moving on with their lives. I also don't even know if I want to go to university so I just feel so down and stuck.
Oakenari
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by unknown267)
So basically this year I was meant to be in year 13 but I was forced by my school to repeat year 12 and this year has been a struggle in terms of finding motivation to do work and fit in with the year 12 students. Then lockdown happened and my school gave us so much work and we had hardly any communication with them then we finally finsihed our work from summer and they have given us so much work to do over summer before september and I just can't cope I feel mentally and physically drained and now I am just dreading going back to school next year for year 13 especially with the lack of plans by the governemtn for a levels 2021 and just the thought of going back to school for an extra year when all of my friends will be moving on with their lives. I also don't even know if I want to go to university so I just feel so down and stuck.
I know this year has been a tough year. It has really messed up everything and we are really living in a time of uncertainty. I can't imagine what you're going through at this point in time. All I can say to you is to stay hopeful. Right now, it may be rough but eventually things will work out. I can't say how or when but one day, you will find yourself succeeding in life. One day, you will get the big break that you need and you will go on to do amazing things. I know studies right now is a lot more tedious than previous years but give it your all and finish school knowing that you did your best! Make sure you take breaks in between. For me, when I was getting to the point where I thought I would break, being a Christian, I would pray and then I would play my piano and sing because my music was the one thing, apart from my faith that would keep me going strong. I'm not trying to impose my faith on you but one advice I would give you is to do something which you enjoy or if you haven't found it as yet, go find the one thing that we will keep you in these stressful times. It can be anything from music to playing a sport to even just sitting quietly in your room with nothing to disturb you. Don't let yourself crumble under the pressure. Stand strong and eventually you will reach your goal in life.
unknown267
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Oakenari)
I know this year has been a tough year. It has really messed up everything and we are really living in a time of uncertainty. I can't imagine what you're going through at this point in time. All I can say to you is to stay hopeful. Right now, it may be rough but eventually things will work out. I can't say how or when but one day, you will find yourself succeeding in life. One day, you will get the big break that you need and you will go on to do amazing things. I know studies right now is a lot more tedious than previous years but give it your all and finish school knowing that you did your best! Make sure you take breaks in between. For me, when I was getting to the point where I thought I would break, being a Christian, I would pray and then I would play my piano and sing because my music was the one thing, apart from my faith that would keep me going strong. I'm not trying to impose my faith on you but one advice I would give you is to do something which you enjoy or if you haven't found it as yet, go find the one thing that we will keep you in these stressful times. It can be anything from music to playing a sport to even just sitting quietly in your room with nothing to disturb you. Don't let yourself crumble under the pressure. Stand strong and eventually you will reach your goal in life.
Thank you so much ❤
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (117)
25.32%
Better than expected (95)
20.56%
Worse than expected (250)
54.11%

Watched Threads