Retaking Modules - Which Grades Sound Better? Watch

Poll: Which Grades?
AAAc (retake one module in Maths) (5)
17.86%
AABb (retake maths AS) (3)
10.71%
AAAd (ignore maths, just concentrate on the others) (1)
3.57%
AAAb (redo maths, retake chem & psych modules, do not leave the house for a year) (19)
67.86%
Toffee_Kid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
OK, it's either A(biology) A(psychology) A(chemistry) c(maths AS) or A(biology) A(psychology) B(chemistry) b(maths AS), or one of the (explained) two other options above.

My AS results were A A B D (3 UMS from a C)

I cannot decide whether to retake a module in Maths, get a C overall, and really focus on the other three, or to retake my maths AS which might met my chem grade suffer.

I'm retaking a chem paper and a psychology paper btw, so retaking maths may take up a lot of time.

Help me please!
aMasterPieceOfDNA
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You don't need to create a poll for something like this :p: Just work as hard as you possibly can for the year (but do leave the house and remember to submit your UCAS application!) You're the only one who knows which of the above you can manage

I would say the last one but if you feel it won't let you leave the house for a year then the first one.
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dont leave the house for a YEAR!! (lol)

but you can leave the house at weekends
crackerbox
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Shoot me down if I'm wrong here but don't most unis need a 4th AS at B? In which case you would have to retake Maths. Also PMS or UEA can't remember-and maybe some others?- say you need to have atleast a C in all ASs not taken to A2.
Toffee_Kid
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
crackerbox: mm, that's what I'm thinking - with a B at AS ti would really open up my options, && I'm sure PMS want all C's.

blehso stressed out! I've gotta talk to some reapplicants about their experiences as I feel I'm gonna be in the same boat as them this time next year!

Good luck to all, and thank you for all your helpful replies

x
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I voted for AAAb, simply because that's our minimum grade requirement for 2009 entry.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?