SharanyaNath
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am confused between 'MSc Medical Genetics & Genomics' and 'MSc Clinical Pharmacology'.

I was planning on applying to either one of them in University of Glasgow.

Anyone has any idea about these courses?

Which one has better prospects towards graduate jobs?

Thank you!!
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SharanyaNath)
I am confused between 'MSc Medical Genetics & Genomics' and 'MSc Clinical Pharmacology'.

Thank you!!
It depends on prospective jobs, both open doors to careers, it just depends on what career.
SharanyaNath
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bookworm_88)
It depends on prospective jobs, both open doors to careers, it just depends on what career.
I have a Bachelor's degree in Forensic Science. I have studied these subjects and love them equally. Considering the Forensic Background, which course do you think is more relavant?
jackien1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have a Bachelor's degree in Forensic Science. I have studied these subjects and love them equally. Considering the Forensic Background, which course do you think is more relavant?
What do you want to go into?
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Thank you!!
Well you can certainly join a big drug company with a clinical pharmacology degree. With programmes like 'long lost family' and sites like ancestry.com there is a growing need for people with genetics qualifications too but this is a newly forming industry and so harder to predict the long-term size of this market. Have a look at the NHS careers pages to see how many vacancies there are for people with genetics qualifications and ones with pharmacology masters. That will give you an idea.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (126)
24%
Better than expected (114)
21.71%
Worse than expected (285)
54.29%

Watched Threads