Science exam questions advice

Watch
unknownm123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi. I’m currently doing my GCSES and aiming for 9s in triple science. When I do practice questions I seem to get a few questions wrong not because I don’t know the content but because I’m struggling with application. How can I resolve this. Would putting the questions I got wrong on a flash card help? What did you do at GCSE to help with application

LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, flash cards usually work very well, a friend used them even for his A-levels (actually a baccalaureate) and scored an 85% average, over around ten subjects
unknownm123
Rep:
?
(Original post by LuigiMario)
Yes, flash cards usually work very well, a friend used them even for his A-levels (actually a baccalaureate) and scored an 85% average, over around ten subjects
Really? Did he put exam questions on them
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
All formulae , all important talking points, we found some pre-made Chemistry ones online.
Science shows, that just the act of you rewriting your notes onto different coloured post-it notes, using different colour pens, really boost your memory for the subjects.

That’s just making them, then you can flip thru yourself , again & again, when you have time. Plus you need relaxing time, 4:1 ratio?, not sure.

Have fun
MusicalMe101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by unknownm123)
Hi. I’m currently doing my GCSES and aiming for 9s in triple science. When I do practice questions I seem to get a few questions wrong not because I don’t know the content but because I’m struggling with application. How can I resolve this. Would putting the questions I got wrong on a flash card help? What did you do at GCSE to help with application
I used the CGP science revision question cards, they have questions for each topic on one side and the answers for them on the other. I found them really useful for practise and the questions are really similar to what you could be asked on the exam.
unknownm123
Rep:
?
(Original post by MusicalMe101)
I used the CGP science revision question cards, they have questions for each topic on one side and the answers for them on the other. I found them really useful for practise and the questions are really similar to what you could be asked on the exam.
What did you get
MusicalMe101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by unknownm123)
What did you get
I’m waiting to get my results this summer, but I got 7s and 8s over the course of the 2 years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (191)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (287)
50.17%
I still don't know (94)
16.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise