Mmus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello , I’m currently going to year 12 in September. And I have chosen to go to a sixth form to study Maths, Physics and biology at A levels. However, I have also joined the sixth form’s football and education program; which means that I train for 1 and half hours everyday after school and play a match every Wednesday. My main point/question is: is it possible to balance my football and A levels and achieve top grades like A stars or is it impossible. Anyone can help me please; ex A level students, current A level students or even gcse students (I just want your opinion) . Thanks.
Mmus
Rep:
?
I io
Humairazaman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Mmus)
Hello , I’m currently going to year 12 in September. And I have chosen to go to a sixth form to study Maths, Physics and biology at A levels. However, I have also joined the sixth form’s football and education program; which means that I train for 1 and half hours everyday after school and play a match every Wednesday. My main point/question is: is it possible to balance my football and A levels and achieve top grades like A stars or is it impossible. Anyone can help me please; ex A level students, current A level students or even gcse students (I just want your opinion) . Thanks.
First of all you have a very good extracurricular activity which will impress unis and employers especially if you win a football match or compete at a higher level etc.
It is recommended by some people to do an hour of revision for each subject everyday(obvs not all the time-you need breaks too). I think its doable as, since you're doing 3 subjects, you'll have more frees so use them for revision.
Studying effectively is more important that how many hours you study for.
If you struggle with something alot, spend your weekends revising that.
Hopefully this will help you!
I07
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes it is, just make sure you have time dedicated to revision as well as football. Does your sixth form’s football and education program not have minimum grades you have to maintain throughout the year in order to stay on i know my college do.
Mmus
Rep:
?
(Original post by Humairazaman)
First of all you have a very good extracurricular activity which will impress unis and employers especially if you win a football match or compete at a higher level etc.
It is recommended by some people to do an hour of revision for each subject everyday(obvs not all the time-you need breaks too). I think its doable as, since you're doing 3 subjects, you'll have more frees so use them for revision.
Studying effectively is more important that how many hours you study for.
If you struggle with something alot, spend your weekends revising that.
Hopefully this will help you!
Thanks!!
Mmus
Rep:
?
(Original post by I07)
Yes it is, just make sure you have time dedicated to revision as well as football. Does your sixth form’s football and education program not have minimum grades you have to maintain throughout the year in order to stay on i know my college do.
Yh I think if you don’t maintain certain level than u don’t stay on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.88%
I'm not sure (32)
4.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.61%
I have already dropped out (15)
2.22%
I'm not a current university student (322)
47.56%

Watched Threads