The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde university disability services.

Hey, I've just finished my BA (Hons) in social sciences at UWS and considering in accepting my place at Strathclyde university to do a masters, potentially MSc social policy. I have a few disabilities and UWS' disability services were okay, there was a struggle for notetakers a lot of the times. I' asking for anyone who has been or used the disability services or advisors at Strathclyde for any comments, criticisms or opinions?

Thank you.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I've just finished my BA (Hons) in social sciences at UWS and considering in accepting my place at Strathclyde university to do a masters, potentially MSc social policy. I have a few disabilities and UWS' disability services were okay, there was a struggle for notetakers a lot of the times. I' asking for anyone who has been or used the disability services or advisors at Strathclyde for any comments, criticisms or opinions?

Thank you.

Hey there! Congrats on receiving your offer for PG study, that's great news :biggrin: Hope you're excited to get started!

Appreciate that this can be really concerning for you. Our Disability Services will be there to help you with any additional support you need. The general rule that we have is that any support you are already receiving, we will at least be able to match. For example, if you are helped by notetakers at the moment we'll be able to match this, if not try provide more help where possible. Advisors will be there to support your individual needs, and you'll have your own contact within the Disability services that you can rely on for this.

I've had a look online and it looks like the team are holding drop in sessions between 11am and 12pm on weekdays. Perhaps it's worth checking this out to see if they'd be able to answer any questions? This could be nice for you to get to know them a bit too and could settle any worries. I'm not sure if the sessions are aimed at current students, but hopefully if you choose to pop in they'd be able to help/direct your enquiries to the relevant contact even if they're not able to help.

Let me know how you get on and if you've any questions we're here, can message or pop us a private message any time :smile:

-Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Quick Reply

Latest