effystonem123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm planning on taking classics as an a-level next year. During gcse's classics was my favourite subject because I had a good teacher and a great class, but I'm changing schools and I'm worried it's going to be a big jump and really hard. What does the content cover? Is it stressful? Also, do you know if it's a good subject to study in uni and what jobs I can do with a classics degree?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by effystonem123)
I'm planning on taking classics as an a-level next year. During gcse's classics was my favourite subject because I had a good teacher and a great class, but I'm changing schools and I'm worried it's going to be a big jump and really hard. What does the content cover? Is it stressful? Also, do you know if it's a good subject to study in uni and what jobs I can do with a classics degree?
I dont think it is really hard and if you enjoy it, then it becomes challenging, more in depth but fun.
If you like History or Eng Lot, then it is a mix of those. It will be books, plays, some poetry and ancient history (social or military).
The content will be determined by which exam board is chosen and the options chosen by the teacher.

OCR is a likely exam board.
https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualification...408-from-2017/

Stressful? No more than any other A level and that mostly depends on whether you understand it and keep up or not. If you put the effort in you will be fine.

Doing it at uni should be something you decide at a later date i.e after year 12, when you know whether you like it or not.
It is a very traditional subject to study for A level although it can be quite rare.
Also popular to study at some unis, especially older high ranking ones, but at that stage you want to choose a subject you wish to study for 3 years and have a use for after.

Think that answers most of your questions.
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-...egree/classics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (333)
55.59%
I don't have everything I need (266)
44.41%

Watched Threads