Hey STR, can you solve my dilemma? I would be forever grateful.

Watch
Brain Gone
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
OK so basically,
I'm looking to do go into Accounting & Finance sector and don't mind doing any job. From analytics to Charted. I'm not too fussed about IB and since I will move out of UK in near future I'm not to concerned about the whole prestige degree thing either.

So, I have like pretty bottom tier A level Grades, so I can't make it to the top, but I was looking at CASS, Newcastle London, Birkbeck and even University of Law. All of these university offer A&F degree. Which of these uni is best one?

But I don't know which degree to go for at which uni. I know you don't need a degree in accounting and even a lawyer can go be a CA trainee, I just don't want to do a law degree if its not going to come in handy. Is that right? or what other degree is easier or so to do ?

Also, whats your take on Accelerated degrees?

Last question, whats the best way to prepare myself to become a CA, like what would look good on a CV when I apply for trainee course?

Thank You and any other things you could tell me would be great. I'm dumb as a rock.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Brain Gone)
OK so basically,
I'm looking to do go into Accounting & Finance sector and don't mind doing any job. From analytics to Charted. I'm not too fussed about IB and since I will move out of UK in near future I'm not to concerned about the whole prestige degree thing either.

So, I have like pretty bottom tier A level Grades, so I can't make it to the top, but I was looking at CASS, Newcastle London, Birkbeck and even University of Law. All of these university offer A&F degree. Which of these uni is best one?

But I don't know which degree to go for at which uni. I know you don't need a degree in accounting and even a lawyer can go be a CA trainee, I just don't want to do a law degree if its not going to come in handy. Is that right? or what other degree is easier or so to do ?

Also, whats your take on Accelerated degrees?

Last question, whats the best way to prepare myself to become a CA, like what would look good on a CV when I apply for trainee course?

Thank You and any other things you could tell me would be great. I'm dumb as a rock.
Brain Gone, it's TSR...
Brain Gone
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Brain Gone, it's TSR...
What does that mean?
HomologousSeries
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Brain Gone)
What does that mean?
Haha, its just the acronym for this website. The Student Room.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
all the universitys you picked are not quite universities?

Birbeck is mostly evening classes

University of law is more like a BPP training college - do you want more of a university experience? are you planning on working at same time for example so U law being online is better?

I am doing 2 year law degree, it goes so fast but I already had a degree and so could plunge myself straight in (usually first year doesn't count towards marks, mine does!).
lilyjonex
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
out of the ones on the list definitely Cass. Although I don't think it is comparable with the others in the slightest.It has a strong reputation in the industry and an IB semi-target along with the likes of Bath, Bristol, Nottingham and Durham . Cass is AAA, and if you don't have top tier A-level grades then you won't have a chance of getting in.
To boost your cv experience wise for graduate jobs, the best thing to do is just try to get as much experience as you can whilst at uni e.g spring weeks, summer internships, relevant societies etc.
best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (184)
59.35%
No they should not (91)
29.35%
Abstain (35)
11.29%

Watched Threads