The Student Room Group

Beard growth at 18

How much facial hair would you expect to grow for an average 18 year old?

I have the ability to grow facial hair but it's very thin and just looks scruffy, what point does it become a thicker beard and how normal is that for an 18 year old?
People are different so there isn’t really a normal.

One of my mates legit has zero facial hair and another one could grow a proper beard at 16.

Some people just don’t get much hair on their face or if they do it can be patchy. I think for u if it stays like this until 21 then it’s likely that that’s just how ure hairs grows.

So don’t fret about your facial hair, as there’s defo a lot of people in the same boat as u
As said, people are different. My dad is 56 and can’t grow a beard!

I wouldn’t worry about it :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Otherdjrj
People are different so there isn’t really a normal.

One of my mates legit has zero facial hair and another one could grow a proper beard at 16.

Some people just don’t get much hair on their face or if they do it can be patchy. I think for u if it stays like this until 21 then it’s likely that that’s just how ure hairs grows.

So don’t fret about your facial hair, as there’s defo a lot of people in the same boat as u

Yeah that's true everyone is different. I hope it doesn't stay like that lol it'd be cool to have a beard. I think I could grow a goatee though because my facial hair there can get thicker, it's just the sides.
Original post by becausethenight
As said, people are different. My dad is 56 and can’t grow a beard!

I wouldn’t worry about it :smile:

Yeah I guess some people just can't, I won't worry too much it'd just be nice to be able to grow it :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah that's true everyone is different. I hope it doesn't stay like that lol it'd be cool to have a beard. I think I could grow a goatee though because my facial hair there can get thicker, it's just the sides.

Yeah I guess some people just can't, I won't worry too much it'd just be nice to be able to grow it :smile:

Help me!!! Pleaseeeeeeee 🤮😫👄💃🏼😘
Reply 5
Help me!!! Pleaseeeeeeee 🤮😫👄💃🏼😘

Help with what?
I wax every day because I hate my beard.
Reply 7

Why do you hate it?
Help with what?

Avec ma vie 😫 s‘il vous plaît

You wax your face?! Are you a guy?
I had a full on beard by the time I was 13 :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest