Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if Essex put their lectures on the online system.

I'm only asking as I am trying to decide whether to buy a dictaphone or not. If the lectures are online then I'll have no need to do it.

Any help will be appriciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetlovinchick2k1)
    I was just wondering if Essex put their lectures on the online system.

I'm only asking as I am trying to decide whether to buy a dictaphone or not. If the lectures are online then I'll have no need to do it.

Any help will be appriciated!
    I saw some links to the online course materials, but we need an username and a password to gain access.

ReputationRep:
    For biomed/biochem/biological sciences most lectures are put online, but some dont.. plus lecturers often say stuff that is not on the lecture notes so either you have to be there to write down the extra stuff, or take a dictophone.

For us one lecturer put all her stuff on the CMR (where the lectures are online) but she said so much and the notes were so breif they were not much help, and another hand wrote the notes each lecture and never had them on hte CMR so if you missed he lecture you had to copy off friends.

they also put the notes on at different times, some before the lecture others after.

But as i said at the top i can only comment for the bio department

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: can't comment on, apart from the bio department

cmr where everythings goes

ReputationRep:
    For law they put slideshows and cases up on the CMR but most of the time you still need the lectures for explanations and further information.

If you miss a lecture you can take a music tape to the audio room in the old lecture theatre and pay something like a couple of quid to get the recording. If it's still the same guy doing it then he's a madman.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't gonna post as I saw in your profile that you are doing law but I guess it could be useful for others, so as far as linguistics is concerned, well actually that's not gonna be very helpful as it very much varies depending on the teacher
    But anyway, seeing as what is put online is usually only an equivalent of the handout, a dictaphone can be a good idea if you are looking for more detailed info

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 16, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.