Has anyone done an Extended driving test?

Watch
solomove
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
If you have, what was your experience like?
Did you pass first time?
What can I expect?
Any advice?
Thanks
I07
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
what's an extended driving test
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by I07)
what's an extended driving test
A quick search on Google will tell you: "An extended driving test is a court-ordered test that is longer and more demanding than the normal learning driving test. When disqualified as a driver or rider, the court can order you to re-sit your theory test and take an extended practical driving test before re obtaining your full licence."

Basically meaning the OP was disqualified from driving and is now having to complete an extended driving test to get their licence back
I07
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Joshkav)
A quick search on Google will tell you: "An extended driving test is a court-ordered test that is longer and more demanding than the normal learning driving test. When disqualified as a driver or rider, the court can order you to re-sit your theory test and take an extended practical driving test before re obtaining your full licence."

Basically meaning the OP was disqualified from driving and is now having to complete an extended driving test to get their licence back
ohhhhhhhhhhh
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Same skills as standard test, but more opportunity to evaluate them. So you will do more of the set manoeuvres with the emergency stop definitely included and go on more road types particularly dual carriageway, if available. And as much as anything more time for unusual things to crop up and trip you up. I did the advanced driving test which was over an hour and more demanding because of the length. But if you’re competent it shouldn’t be a big problem to pass.
Last edited by Zarek; 4 months ago
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by solomove)
If you have, what was your experience like?
Did you pass first time?
What can I expect?
Any advice?
Thanks
Id imagine an extended version of the regular test. Presumably they may get you to go a bigger variety of roads, multiple manoeuvres. If you can drive safely I don’t imagine it’s an issue.

This is all just speculative, although i am curious why are you being made to do the extended version?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.13%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.24%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.84%

Watched Threads