ANOTHER student account issue. Watch

sloaner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Right so this morning I had my appointment with some woman in Halifax, and after taking allll my details and making loads of photocopies (i read another thread that went similarly) she eventually tells me " sorry, can't help you, your score is too low". I didn't realise I even had anything to be scored on. She then prints me a letter telling me that they can't give me an account. I crumpled it up and walked out. Unnecessary yes, but I like to make a big exit.

I digress. So now I need to find and make an account in a pretty short amount of time. Does anyone know what banks are doing good deals, but preferably a bank that has branches in Northern Ireland and Scotland, and again preferably with a branch near Edinburgh uni?

My mind - :woo:

Any help is appreciated.
Puma
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why don't you try another bank.
Also ask why they have declined you.
Have you ever had an unauthorised overdraft, not paid a direct debit on time or owed a company money (e.g. phone bill)?

If you can't get a bank account try the Post Office.
sloaner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Terryw)
Why don't you try another bank.
Also ask why they have declined you.
Have you ever had an unauthorised overdraft, not paid a direct debit on time or owed a company money (e.g. phone bill)?

If you can't get a bank account try the Post Office.
That's why I'm asking if anyone can recommend a decent N.I/Scotland bank they've had good experience with.

I've had a current account which they don't even take into... "account" And 3 savings accounts with another bank, but the woman said they didn't matter either. Phone is PAYG, and I've never had a debit card or credit card, let alone an overdraft.

I'm a proper bank account virgin, and Halifax refused to pop my cherry. She told me that registering to vote can increase your score, but I don't have time to panda around when it might not even work. I'll check First Trust (that my other accounts are at) and see if they have anything, though it's not really an ideal bank for student accounts I reckon..
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (130)
18.6%
No (422)
60.37%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.03%

Watched Threads