iang1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
im in year 11 and thinking of taking aqa a level geography however I did not do it at GCSE what should I do. can I do it?
thanks
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by iang1)
im in year 11 and thinking of taking aqa a level geography however I did not do it at GCSE what should I do. can I do it?
thanks
Of course, you don’t need any of the information that you did at gcse (it can obviously be useful but not critical). Everything you learn will go into much more detail than gcse and most of the case studies will be different to the ones you would have done at gcse, had you done geography. One of my friends did geography alevel without doing it at gcse and she managed to get an A (I’m sure if you wanted to and tried hard enough you could get an A* )

Hope this helps
Last edited by Becca216; 10 months ago
Sailor girl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You definitely don't need to have done it at GCSE to do it at A level! It does help to have some background knowledge from GCSE but it is not essential
tekiawilson2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by iang1)
thanks
You dont have to have done it at school look online most of it is quite easy to pick up which college are you thinking of going to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (73)
29.8%
No (172)
70.2%

Watched Threads