The Student Room Group

Arden University Distance Learning any good?

I am considering Arden for an online course in one of their analytics courses. But I would love to hear from anyone who has experience studying any course with them.

Are their courses good? The teachers? The materials (books/videos)?
Do they offer enough support? Are they responsive to questions? Give good feedback?
Are the courses structured in a sensible way?
Did you learn a lot from them?

Also, I have spent a considerable time reading about York and Bath's offerings (which have been much discussed here), so any comparisons relative to those courses would be informative.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Do not do it i attended a blending learning course and left at the end of the second year ( last year) you are not getting your money's worth , it feels slapped together in a rush and the courses are 6 weeks long per modal for an undergrad with new students adding each 6 weeks which always meant the tutor when talking about former modulus went over the same materials which you don't have time for as 6 weeks is not enough to learn. I would say the staff are nice but they seem so hurried and guidance is not always great.It is up to yourself but i personally did not get the support i needed but partially the tutor talked constantly and treated us like children when ever we asked questions
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply, can I ask which subject you took?

How promptly were you given feedback on work that you turned in?
Original post by Krood
Thanks for your reply, can I ask which subject you took?

How promptly were you given feedback on work that you turned in?

I was on a BSC in Computer science and sometime you got it a week sometimes 3 weeks later usually 2. Their courses run 6 weeks long per module once at a time and their is a week off after each module
Reply 4
Sorry to pester you, I appreciate the answers.

Was there a lot of hands-on coding throughout the course?
Or did you feel that there was too many essay-type coursework assignments?
(Its a criticism I see of online CompSci stuff a lot, most people want to become good coders, but online courses tend to be a bit more theoretical, since its hard to reproduce a physical lab environment).
But you did blended learning so maybe that's different for you.
We did some coding in decidcated moduals booth some theory but a lot of it was down to you to lesrn
Hi I am a student at Arden University, I am distance learner studying BA honours degree in psychology and sociology and I am now half way through my third year, I have really found Arden to work brilliant for me, I study at home around my family and commitments so it works perfectly. The tutors have been brilliant , the modules they prepare are very professional and informative, they provide lots of videos to watch and links to go on. If you need to ask them anything they respond very quickly and provide online webcam chats if needed.They provide you with great feedback before submitting your assignments so you can improve on them too. I have received good grades also which I feel shows the quality of their teaching, I hope this helps
Louise :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending