maddiethorp
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
this is just hypothetical because there's I will have probably changed my mind about what I want to do at uni in two years, but I might not have. But anyway, if I was to apply to economics at one uni and then economics with/and french at another uni, how do I write my personal statement. Because won't the uni that I've applied to economics for be a bit put off if I'm also writing about my love of french. I'm not just asking this about economics and french though, I might instead apply for economics and politics at one uni and apply for economics at another uni, so I'd be in the same situation. hopefully this makes sense lol and sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by maddiethorp)
this is just hypothetical because there's I will have probably changed my mind about what I want to do at uni in two years, but I might not have. But anyway, if I was to apply to economics at one uni and then economics with/and french at another uni, how do I write my personal statement. Because won't the uni that I've applied to economics for be a bit put off if I'm also writing about my love of french. I'm not just asking this about economics and french though, I might instead apply for economics and politics at one uni and apply for economics at another uni, so I'd be in the same situation. hopefully this makes sense lol and sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place
So it sounds like you have just finished Y11 and you will be starting uni in 2022 (correct me if I am wrong) so first of all I wouldn’t stress too much about your personal statement now if that is the case as you will receive plenty of help and guidance over the next year or so. But to answer your question: make economics the main focus of your personal statement as that is the main part of the course that you are applying to, then make sure you talk about French but not as much as economics.

Unis know that you can only write one personal statement so they won’t be ‘put off’ if you write about French if they don’t offer it, as long as you write about and show your passion for the subject you are applying to. Hope this helps
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If there are a number of unis that offer economics and French (for example), the uni will wonder about why you are mentioning French if you are applying for straight econ there. If it is a more unusual combination, it won't matter as much. Remember that most unis allow you to take elective modules in first year at least.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads