Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I posted this last night but I think I put it on the wrong forum so apologies!

A friend and I have been broadcasting on local radio for a month or so now and have recently started making a podcast of some of our show. I've never made a podcast before this so I used the (very easy to use) GarageBand to make it.

I would love some constructive feedback if you have a spare 5 minutes to listen to an episode. Anybody who has had experience producing them or anybody who regularly listens to them. The latest podacst is number 5 and I think that it's the funniest! A word of warning: the audio levels on the first couple are low because they were recorded at a volume that is lower than they should have done (my fault!).

You can download them from iTunes or Facebook. Just click the links

Many thanks lovely people!

Ollie

ReputationRep:
    you're podcasts remind me of this

www.myspace.com/pinkwigget

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snobpence17)
    you're podcasts remind me of this

www.myspace.com/pinkwigget
    so how would you advise that I improve?

ReputationRep:
    I will offer rep to those that give me good advice... I really want to make it a nice little listen for people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliecapehorn)
    I will offer rep to those that give me good advice... I really want to make it a nice little listen for people
    More spontinuity is the best advice I can give, just bring up silly topics, but not too often as then it seems like you're trying too hard.

E.g, 'do you like it when the dentist feels your teeth with the glove', 'have you had a banana today, it aids ****ting'. Say them kind of creepily.

Those are just ball park examples but relax and be random, and don't laugh at your own jokes, adopt a crazy sterness to make people go like WTF is he on about?!.

ReputationRep:
    and don't laugh at your own jokes.
    do we?

ReputationRep:
    do we?
    No, what I mean is when you say something spontaneous, keep 100% in character, one switch and you're buggered.

If you wanna know more but don't wanna say on here PM me

ReputationRep:
    No, what I mean is when you say something spontaneous, keep 100% in character, one switch and you're buggered.

If you wanna know more but don't wanna say on here PM me
    Right, ok...

Do you think in podacst 5 when we had our spoof telephone caller, he was a little too close to the bone with his references to AIDs etc?

ReputationRep:
    Right, ok...

Do you think in podacst 5 when we had our spoof telephone caller, he was a little too close to the bone with his references to AIDs etc?
    Gimme a few mins, I'll have a listen

ReputationRep:
    Gimme a few mins, I'll have a listen
    thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    Right, ok...

I'd say yes and no, going near the knuckle is a vital thing to do sometimes, being controversial is great, but, ensure you say it with a certain eccentricity, basically don't sound like you want to kill babies etc.

Be more Frankie Boyle then Jimmy Carr about it, you can tell the former is joking, whereas the latter seems evil and personal.

A lot more people hate Jimmy Carr because he uses dark humour too often and doesn't sound like he's joking.

Another good tip is to go with different subjects, e.g., do dark humour on Amy Winehouse rather than Killing babies, keep the dark humour without offending people.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say yes and no, going near the knuckle is a vital thing to do sometimes, being controversial is great, but, ensure you say it with a certain eccentricity, basically don't sound like you want to kill babies etc.

Be more Frankie Boyle then Jimmy Carr about it, you can tell the former is joking, whereas the latter seems evil and personal.

A lot more people hate Jimmy Carr because he uses dark humour too often and doesn't sound like he's joking.

Another good tip is to go with different subjects, e.g., do dark humour on Amy Winehouse rather than Killing babies, keep the dark humour without offending people.
    so... did you think that he was funny then?

p.s. rep coming your when when I can!

ReputationRep:
    so... did you think that he was funny then?

p.s. rep coming your when when I can!
    I did yes, then again I love dark humour, what I'm saying is be careful because a lot of people will listen to that and will say "oh thats low" or something, mainly people on their high horse who no nothing about humour themselves.

ReputationRep:
    The station we broadcast on is a very broad one in a conservative area so we do have to be careful!

I'm doing a show later on this evening - 7-8... haven't planned it yet! Any ideas?!

ReputationRep:
    cut down on the jingles a little?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clay_and_that)
    cut down on the jingles a little?
    do you mean shorten them or just not use as much?

ReputationRep:
    The station we broadcast on is a very broad one in a conservative area so we do have to be careful!

I'm doing a show later on this evening - 7-8... haven't planned it yet! Any ideas?!
    Ah right, haha you're lucky to get away with it as it is then haha.

How about basing it on stuff that's happened to you in the past, like tell funny stories of stuff from school time or something, then you can chuck in loads of random bit with it

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, haha you're lucky to get away with it as it is then haha.

How about basing it on stuff that's happened to you in the past, like tell funny stories of stuff from school time or something, then you can chuck in loads of random bit with it
    yea - good idea.

ReputationRep:
    Right, ok...

Have you listened to the Collings and Herrin podcast? It gets too wrong at times, but is insanely funny.

you might also wanna check out the Waller FM podcast, from the guys at Fat-Pie (unless you've heard it already) It's a spoof radio show, so maybe a little similar to yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clay_and_that)
    Have you listened to the Collings and Herrin podcast? It gets too wrong at times, but is insanely funny.

you might also wanna check out the Waller FM podcast, from the guys at Fat-Pie (unless you've heard it already) It's a spoof radio show, so maybe a little similar to yours
    cool, thanks a lot!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.