fifitee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
do you guys recommend moving out for 3 years for uni?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
Personally, having lived away for 3 years at uni and then stayed at home for MA-I would say to move out as it does help. You have freedom, space, feel more independent etc. I'm dropping out of my MA soon and I'm pretty sure if I lived away from home I wouldn't be. It's a great experience the only thing is if you live quite close to the uni it's kind of a waste of money-for me I was an hour away so it made sense but if it's 20 mins or something... Also, are you going this September and will classes be online?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fifitee)
I definitely recommend moving out for at least first year - after that, you can decide what you prefer (and whether you have the option of staying at home due to distance etc.).
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fifitee)
Hey fifitee!

I would 100% recommend moving out for uni!

I feel like it is such a good experience, you gain so much more independence and life skills than you might living at home.
You'll be cleaning more, cooking, doing your own washing etc. Just becoming a more responsible person in general
As well as learning how to manage your money and spend it effectively - such as budgeting for food shops, nights out etc

I also feel you have a lot more freedom to do what you want, as you're living in your own place and you don't need to ask permission to go and do something

Living at uni is such a great experience, and you get to live in a part of the country you may not have done before

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi fifitee
I’m a student at Lancaster University and I moved out despite my hometown only being an hour or so away. I think it’s a good experience for students to move out at least in there first year so you get to experience living on your own, taking care of yourself and student life. But I also know people who have commuted and still got involved with everything at uni so you could also do things this way and saved money and stuff. So there are definitely benefits to both sides !
Student ambassador Holly at Lancaster Uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.49%
Confident (14)
8.97%
Indifferent (16)
10.26%
Unsure (38)
24.36%
Worried (81)
51.92%

Watched Threads