First time drawing a face...

Watch
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I just wanted to share my drawing of a face as it was the most frustrating thing I have ever drawn, I'm more of a half-realistic half-fictional artist. Meaning I draw people, items that look real, but also don't. This time I wanted to push myself and draw a realistic face. There are a lot of things wrong about this drawing, but I'm just glad I have finished.
Name:  Hrithik Roshan Drawing.PNG
Views: 22
Size:  348.2 KB
hxdzz_m
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zain_Ahmed)
I just wanted to share my drawing of a face as it was the most frustrating thing I have ever drawn, I'm more of a half-realistic half-fictional artist. Meaning I draw people, items that look real, but also don't. This time I wanted to push myself and draw a realistic face. There are a lot of things wrong about this drawing, but I'm just glad I have finished.
I have no knowledge on the subject of art - but where I stand it looks pretty good!
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Wow! That’s your first time drawing a realistic face!? That’s incredible! What did you find was your biggest challenge? Did you find perception when drawing changed slightly as you adjusted to a newer style? I’m a big fan of drawing myself, mainly animals and mythical creatures though
Lemonsandlemons
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
wow i rly like it. its super realistic apart from the eyes. dunno exactly what it is about them, maybe the line is too strong and they are too lengthy. but otherwise good job!
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonbow)
Wow! That’s your first time drawing a realistic face!? That’s incredible! What did you find was your biggest challenge? Did you find perception when drawing changed slightly as you adjusted to a newer style? I’m a big fan of drawing myself, mainly animals and mythical creatures though
Ye thanks. The biggest challenge was getting things in the right proportion, like the lips... Those took me 2 hours atleast, and they still dont look as good as I wanted them. Realism, I have realised, cant be rushed. Unlike my other drawings where I would rush them at the and and it would still look professional. This took me 3 days, each day I spent from 1PM - 6PM with a couple of 15 min breaks. I usually draw superheroes or singers, here's an example of my previous drawing of a singer.
Name:  sickick drawing.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  50.6 KB
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemonsandlemons)
wow i rly like it. its super realistic apart from the eyes. dunno exactly what it is about them, maybe the line is too strong and they are too lengthy. but otherwise good job!
ye, the eyes need more of a glossy look and they are bigger than they should be. I tried, but I still doesn't look as realistic as the rest of the face.
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Bump
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The drawing is good.
megan_e
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
that is so good! i really like the shading, good job!!
i can't draw people so i stick to inanimate objects lol
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That is so good, well done! :eek:
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's good but I think working on your shading would help the eyes look quite flat and dead, have a go at doing some eye studies on their own
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
It's good but I think working on your shading would help the eyes look quite flat and dead, have a go at doing some eye studies on their own
Ye i agree. I just randomly did a portrait for a competition, which from the start ik i wouldnt win but still wanted to try. The competition is until 3rd august and I do need to study more into shading and not wing it😂😂
macy_m
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nice job, I remember trying my first proper portrait last year :lol: As tips id say nothing in real life has actually dark borders if it makes sense, so instead of drawing the neck line (as an example) shade it, also try to add a few more tones and lines of varied thicknesses on the hair for slightly more realism.
Well done :’)
TSR Professor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
9/10 I wish it looked more realistic and not drawn on brown paper. It reminds me somewhat of James Blunt.
kitkadd
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
no bad really good
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
(Original post by TSR Professor)
9/10 I wish it looked more realistic and not drawn on brown paper. It reminds me somewhat of James Blunt.
Ye, I tried.. But it still isn't as realistic as I wanted. As others have said, the eyes are what makes it unrealistic. Plus I need to press harder on the 4B pencil so that it has a darker shade. 9/10 is mad tho, nice one
TSR Professor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ye, I tried.. But it still isn't as realistic as I wanted. As others have said, the eyes are what makes it unrealistic. Plus I need to press harder on the 4B pencil so that it has a darker shade. 9/10 is mad tho, nice one
Well you clearly have a talent, so don't give up. Just believe in yourself and don't let negative comments get you down, because you could make this image better and draw more fantastic images.
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
All
Decided to draw him again.
Name:  IMG_20200731_183828.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  228.5 KB
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
CoolCavy
macy_m
@TSR professor
kadiatuj0001
hxdzz_m
Moonbow
Lemonsandlemons
megan_e
@Hellohsjakodsmka
megan_e
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hi!!!
wow you've improved so much! already!
i love how you drew the glasses and you've really nailed the reflective quality of it!
keep it up!!!!!
Last edited by megan_e; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (124)
24.46%
Better than expected (106)
20.91%
Worse than expected (277)
54.64%

Watched Threads